F106 weight/Pro Mod build

And to add to Hammers post..... The 106 spindle and hub is not the only option. You can run a semifloater axle setup (I will be on mine) which eliminates the spindle all together and is a little bit lighter as well.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

And to add to Hammers post..... The 106 spindle and hub is not the only option. You can run a semifloater axle setup (I will be on mine) which eliminates the spindle all together and is a little bit lighter as well.

Who's shaft's are you going to be running?

I will be running Todds
(TRB Machine) semi-floating setup.

This one is done.
b978c5883d2955499981d6a0a13682b5.jpg
b8429d573be1bed8faa67beed544a286.jpg
9d9b2ccde78ac0e529cfbc375d2cedf8.jpg
5bfff326ea30a754ae53b3babfcd17ca.jpg

I will be running Todds
(TRB Machine) semi-floating setup.

Nice... I looked into Tods shafts but just couldn't do the Semi-float thing...i know its doubtful of a shaft breaking past the bearing retainer but just dont like the idea of a tire going flying...seen it to many times on tractors! mines a hybrid that still keeps the wheel on the axle no matter where a shaft may break

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

It looks like my ProMod/National build is turning into Smokin3500s build thread! Lol. Gotta get these guys their parts before mine can get worked on. Here are some pics of the midplates and dropbox mount I made for him yesterday. We decided to leave the dropbox plate solid and use the space for stickering. All out of 3/8 Ally. Turned out real nice!
6905ed07cd58a891eab499e6a0efdb4d.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1457282521690.jpguploadfromtaptalk1457282540049.jpguploadfromtaptalk1457282567495.jpg

Last edited:
looks good, a build thread would be cool. I enjoy the fab pics, always cool to see how people fab things up. look forward to seeing the finished product.

Lol. Which truck? Gregs or mine....... Maybe I should stick to one project at a time. Baaaahaaaahaaa

896c41ed3021455a5cdc76be893aa1a7.jpg
be578e5b11be570e33af2770248f2a43.jpg

More pieces to the puzzle. Just got the fronts. Gonna pick up the rear tires and wheels at Keystone this weekend. These are for my truck..... 86lbs each if anybody is curious.

Last edited:
If I ever get my pair of 4 ply Nichols mounted on my new 15"x20" Real wheels, I will post the weight of one for you to compare...are those "old" or they look like "new" cepeks to me??? I got a pair of 6 ply Pit Bulls for the rear, I will post that weight too.

Anyone have any tips or tricks for drilling the rim and screwing the tire at the bead?? Where does a guy buy those little chrome caps on the screws? And do you just use any screw? Or something special/specific?

They are the "old" Cepeks. My rears will be double bead locks with Pit Bulls. I will post a weight for them as well. I bought these used and they had just come from K3 with a fresh sharpen and harden. I will call the guy and see where he got the caps from.

Last edited:
He said mine came from K3. I will take a close up pic this evening if ya want.

Yeah, Randy is kinda "list price" only these days.
Tire screws from summit or jegs work fine too
You need about half as many screws in the front wheels as the back does most of the
work.
I've run 14 screws per rim side on the front, thats probly the minimum you can run
Mark on the rims with magic marker, try to get even spacing all the way around the rim.

You won't want to put your 6 ply pitbulls on the scale, they are heavy, thats all anyone needs to know.
The 6 ply pitbulls were made for naturally aspirated 2 wheelers.
On the other end of the scale cut 2 ply nichols on rims weigh 65 lbs.

Yeah, Randy is kinda "list price" only these days.
Tire screws from summit or jegs work fine too
You need about half as many screws in the front wheels as the back does most of the
work.
I've run 14 screws per rim side on the front, thats probly the minimum you can run
Mark on the rims with magic marker, try to get even spacing all the way around the rim.

You won't want to put your 6 ply pitbulls on the scale, they are heavy, thats all anyone needs to know.
The 6 ply pitbulls were made for naturally aspirated 2 wheelers.
On the other end of the scale cut 2 ply nichols on rims weigh 65 lbs.

It was recommended to me to run 40 screws inside and outside beads on rears, and I was advised to run 6 ply Nichols or 6 ply Pit Bulls on rear and at 7800 lbs I was told 4 plys on front, NOT to try 2 plys....

Yall are a totally different animal from me being that I'm running at 6200lbs. My pitbulls in the rear are 4 ply with double bead locks.

Back