Farmall/international guys step inside

Mr.T

DPF's are gay
I have found a smallish tractor I'd like to pick up, my problem is that I think the owner may be reluctant to part with it, its a 706 diesel farmall that appears to have problems of some kind because it hasn't moved in at least five years. If I can talk the old timer out of this thing, what should I start with for an offer? Its clean and straight, everything is there, it just doesn't run. Anything in particular I should be looking for? Thanks in advance

Pictures help, but as far as it not running it's like any other thing could be $ or $$$. If it's a non-running open rops in decent shape that doesn't have leaks everywhere, and all the hydro/pto works. $5,000-$7,000 is a place to start. A cab and shiny paint and new tires add a bunch.

Also you can search fastline.com to compare it to tractors listed there to gauge your offer.

Tractor House is a good place to look as well.

There is a Farmall 806 with cab here that a lady can't sell for $5000 and it works fine.

One of the biggest things is rear tires, those are a huge bargining chip. It not running is another one. I wouldn't pay over $5,000 unless the tires are all new and your sure it's not going to need a full rebuld and new injection pump.

I'll get some pictures this weekend, paint is original and in ok shape for a 30+ year old tractor, no cab on it, could use tires. Looks like the oil pan gasket leaks as well as a couple other unknown drips

I think if it hasn't run in that long Id look really really close at it. Most likely either a major driveline issue or engine issue to park it for that long without repair. I personally wouldn't give much over 3000.00 for it with anything major wrong. Here is a local ad for a 706 gas tractor I seen the other day.

706 IH Tractor

I kinda figured it will have some sort of major mechanical issues, I've split tractors before so if I can snag it for a good price I think it would be worth it. Ideally I'd like a 4010-4020 diesel with some problems, but good luck prying one away from the farmers in my area, they'd rather let them rust into the ground than sell em

Here's a couple other options

4a7yvu7y.jpg

ybeqega3.jpg

Minnie's are RARE in this area, in my 24 years I've only seen two, and this is one of them
ereqa9yz.jpg

ume6ybuv.jpg

umuhanyt.jpg

Lol. No impulse buying this time. I wife almost massacred me for the last one. Just looking for a good size tractor to tinker on and work my small acreage.

Utility work, plowing, hay?

This might sound bias but I think one of the best balanced all around utility tractors is the Ford 5000. Good power, but not too thirsty. Not too big, but can hold its own.

I'd look at the 3 or 4 cylinder Fords depending on your needs. 4000/4600, 5600, 5000, 6600, or even a 7000/7600. They usually priced reasonable too.

Ideally I'd like a 4010-4020 diesel with some problems, but good luck prying one away from the farmers in my area, they'd rather let them rust into the ground than sell em

Too bad there isn't an affordable replacement for my 4020 around or I could hook you up with your 4020 with very, very minor problems. :D

The main use would be for grading/maintaining my driveway in the summer and snow removal in the winter, would probably use it for cutting/baling as well

Back