Farmall/international guys step inside

...would probably use it for cutting/baling as well

What size hay equipment and how much hay ground? I think that's the determining factor. My Farmall 460 can grade the driveway just fine, but it's not near big enough to cut hay and it guzzles gas besides.

Eh......just a little square baler, not more than 3 acres would be in hay either

Farmall

It depends if it is gas or diesel. If I remember correctly, the gas was a 301 that ran decent. They had 2 diesel versions, one American, one German. The German diesel is the most desirable. They ran a little better but are a lot more money to work on. I doubt the rear end would be an issue, they used this rear end all the up thru 1066's although there are some differences, on the whole it was the same. The 706 rear end and tranny is used to build pullers because they will take the abuse with a few part updates. I would guess around 2k to 3k if the tins are straight and not rotted.

A 30 or 4020 would be great. A 4020 will not cold start in the winter time without being plugged in or a shot of vitaman e. Either way those things hold there value.

I would go with milkman and say about 2000 not running. Hell there was a running gas 706 on tractor house for 2500 not long ago.

3010-3020 diesel. Sounds like best option for your uses. 3010s can be picked up cheap around me. Good power and not terribly thirsty for fuel.

I may also add that our soil is very hard with a lot of rocks, and annual snowfall is about 2-3 feet

3020's aren't good for much of anything IMHO. Hell a 806 or something like that would be better off. We had a 4020 and I don't understand the infatuation with them. They are NO better and worse than most tractors from that era. And out of the ones you posted, none of them lol.

For the small amount of hay he will be doing a 3020 would be alright. Enough power to run a square baler and a snow blower or blade just fine.

After thinking about, stay away from a 3010. PTO have issues you don't wanna fight. I've got over 2 grand in custom parts so it will stay together.

3020's aren't good for much of anything IMHO. Hell a 806 or something like that would be better off. We had a 4020 and I don't understand the infatuation with them. They are NO better and worse than most tractors from that era. And out of the ones you posted, none of them lol.

My 3020 has 22k hours on it, I can think of a lot of 20 series around here off the top of my head with the same hours. You dont hardly see any 706 or the like still in use here. I assume deere used better metal casting idk? For whatever reason they bring a whole lot more money then the others of that era

Because none are an allis? Lol

The reason I wouldn't mind a 4010-4020 is because I'm familiar with them, we split like 5 in college to fix various issues lol

What's all this talk about green tractors, green paint causes cancer you know. Red paint improves overall health.

Wow. That is a nice one. Even has the old grandpa step on it.

----------------------------------

Holy crap she's rough.

ynazanem.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. That is a nice one. Even has the old grandpa step on it.

----------------------------------

Holy crap she's rough.

ynazanem.jpg

I see what you did there! I mustache you a question though...what shall you do with a box of nuts?

I see what you did there! I mustache you a question though...what shall you do with a box of nuts?

I'm not sure. I haven't received my nuts yet. Expecting new landing gear today for the RV so I might can use them to install that. LOL

Back