Feed ports on P7100

So the thread on the front plug is an 18mmx1.5 metric pipe? If so I'll get the hardware and let brad figure out how to get the plug out when he adds the second pump.

Don't fight that front plug....... Heat it with a propane torch and it will come right out. I know of some guys who have messed up the threads on the front by using cheaters etc.

Yep.
Just a little bit of heat and the plug came right out. Very low temp stuff. Straight thread.
Many thanks 97crewcab.

RonA

Another nice thing about using the front plug is you can run a real fitting to it, not a banjo. A 6AN will fit perfect, an 8 will rub a little I think and a 10 would require some grinding on the case, yes they make a 10AN in a M18x1.5 pitch.

It uses a flat plastic washer.

Jim

If you have a return regulator can't you just feed the return and the side port? Anything over said pressure will return to the tank.

Another nice thing about using the front plug is you can run a real fitting to it, not a banjo. A 6AN will fit perfect, an 8 will rub a little I think and a 10 would require some grinding on the case, yes they make a 10AN in a M18x1.5 pitch.

It uses a flat plastic washer.

Jim
Ya -10 takes a little grinding.

fuelsys005.jpg

Nice garden hose, think I'll do that to both of my trucks when I have them apart.

The main reason I like it this way is because you can't use a 90 on the overflow port. Having said that you could use the front with a -10 and use the stock port as return......all the same to me.

Jim

I run a different setup now, the one in the pic was a single feed, now run a dual. I also stepped it down to -8. I will snag a few tomorrow and post them up.

That plug might be in tight enough to break a snap-on allen socket.
My -8 line looks small. I guess I need to goto TSC and get some 2" fertilizer hose.
At least mine has more bling.

The main reason I like it this way is because you can't use a 90 on the overflow port. Having said that you could use the front with a -10 and use the stock port as return......all the same to me.

Jim

I can though.. My airbox is machined off :evil

Are you guys using the easy press on hoses and not having problems? I have some 3/8 alm fuel line I was thinking on using, it should hold.

does anyone know what size thread the lift pump takes ?

Thanks, nice *bling* pic's BTW.

Curtis

That plug might be in tight enough to break a snap-on allen socket.
My -8 line looks small. I guess I need to goto TSC and get some 2" fertilizer hose.
At least mine has more bling.

Is that your return line running past the AN feed line, also it looks like it y's off below ?

scot

I can't remember if the lift pump is a 12 or 14......wait......thinking.......M14 on lift pump, M12 on a stock filter housing.......anyone else, it is 12:30am.

I actually run (2) -6's from a -10 Y that is close to the stock inlet.

Jim

My return line is running down in front of the pump. I made it from the old filter-pump line. I flared it to -6 and the T is the injector return going into it before it gets to the regulator. I don't use a overflow valve.

Thanks, i'll wait for a confirmation as i understand working nights.

Thanks again jim

Curtis

It was easy enought to buy an M14 banjo that goes to a 6AN, been running that now for a long time.

Jim

Back