Feed ports on P7100

Is it really benificial to have dual feeds on a truck at around 600hp? Like using an Airdog 150gph?

Is it really benificial to have dual feeds on a truck at around 600hp? Like using an Airdog 150gph?

If your running say a -8 line to the aft inlet and change over to duel inlet by adding another -8 or -6 you should see a little gain. On mine I went from running a -10 to the pump and Y off to (2) -6's vise one and added 5psi of boost with no other changes.

This is just for my aux system and it uses a -12 feeding an A1000 then -10 through a filter to the pump.

Jim

Ok so we just got the truck running (Head, twins, pump, trans, fuel system, etc.) And we are having some issues. We are running 3/8 line out of the stock lift pump directly to the main port into the injection pump. Then we are running an 18PSI 95 GPH fass off of a switch that has a 1/2" line to the front port to the injection pump. Return is in the stock position with the overflow valve going back to the tank. Here is the issue. When the fass is not running, the motor dies. It will run with it on. So we thought to ourselves, when the fass is off, the fuel that the lift pump is providing is just going into the fass line and back to the tank. So we installed a 1/2 PSI cracking pressure one way valve in the fass like next to the injection pump. Did not fix the problem. Now we think to ourselves. The stock lift pump is putting out a max of upwards of 60 PSI to the injection pump which with the fass on would overtake the 18 PSI that it is putting out. So installing the valve basically was the same as blocking the line permanently because of the massive pressure difference.

So, do we put a regulator after the stock lift pump to around 18 PSI so both work? Do we get a bigger fass that will do 50 PSI to go with the stock lift pump? Or is there another solution.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Ethan Remington

18 psi to a 7100 is like cruising pressure, actually that is low! It all depends on were you overflow valve is set at, or shimmed! Run the stock pump at whatever pressure you shim the overflow valves too, I'd say 30 psi is a good round number, then have your Fass system go to the front port at a high pressure, I wouldn't run over say 35-40 psi all the time, short runs it doesn't matter, with both my systems on it's in the low 50's.

You Fass pressure in this instance is irrelevant to an extent, the pressure should be regulated at the overflow valve and not at the Fass, the Fass is not exactally built for this type setup but they can work quite well.

Jim

Ok so we just got the truck running (Head, twins, pump, trans, fuel system, etc.) And we are having some issues. We are running 3/8 line out of the stock lift pump directly to the main port into the injection pump. Then we are running an 18PSI 95 GPH fass off of a switch that has a 1/2" line to the front port to the injection pump. Return is in the stock position with the overflow valve going back to the tank and the inj return line is tee'd into this same line along the frame rail. Here is the issue. When the fass is not running, the motor dies. It will run with it on. So we thought to ourselves, when the fass is off, the fuel that the lift pump is providing is just going into the fass line and back to the tank. So we installed a 1/2 PSI cracking pressure one way valve in the fass like next to the injection pump. Did not fix the problem. Now we think to ourselves. The stock lift pump is putting out a max of upwards of 60 PSI to the injection pump which with the fass on would overtake the 18 PSI that it is putting out. So installing the valve basically was the same as blocking the line permanently because of the massive pressure difference.

So, do we put a regulator after the stock lift pump to around 18 PSI so both work? Do we get a bigger fass that will do 50 PSI to go with the stock lift pump? Or is there another solution.
At up to 1/4 1/3 throttle, runs fine. Any more throttle it stumbles and will die without feathering the throttle. It will clear itself up with some distance and light throttle pressure but comes back again easily with the increased throttle demand.
Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Ethan Remington

Couple things Ethan left out in this scenario we have going on.

So we found out the problem. After hours of searching, we found out that the drawstraw that we had received that was suppose to have 2 supply ports actually was 1 supply and 1 return. So we caped off the return, ran 1/2" line to a remote filter, "T" it, ran 3/8 line to the lift pump at the stock inlet port and ran the 1/2" line to the front of the pump. Kept the stock location for the return line that runs back to the tank. Works great now :D

We have a hand throttle on Destroked.I don't have a stock linkage to see if it will clear it.I,ll go over to my buddy's house tonight when he gets home and try it.

Dale

Back