Feeler: 1999 Ext. Cab SB

the only thing that sucks if you have to remember everything in the 1/8 will go slower, your 4:10s are helping you there... i would say def a great 12.0 truck porb dip in to high elevens maybe.

I know of a truck that went from 4.10's to 3.55's (no other change), and the truck 60 footed better, went faster in the 1/8th mile, and faster in the 1/4 mile. I can't explain the 60' or 1/8 mile improvement. 12.2xx to 11.7xx is a nice gain IMO.

I also know of a truck that did the swap and saw no improvement anywhere on the track.

No way, better be to a good home kyle. I picked up a little project today that you need to see lol

Someome got a heck of a deal on that truck. Hopefully they'll take care of it. Clean 2nd gens are hard to come by now-a-days and it makes me sick to see nice trucks get trashed.

Good luck to the new owner!

If you calculate the cost (assuming your time is not worth anything), it is going to cost around $1300-1500 to make a 4,600 mile roundtrip. Now if you factor in 3-4 days of your own time, that price will increase (depending on how much you value your own time).

I had a quote from a private operation (trusted individual) for $800-900, and I also have several quotes from commercial operations for $1000-1100.

Last edited:
I am glad this "feeler" thread was pre-"no more feeler threads"

It sold.

Back