Finished with Deranged

Been down this road................drag racing is still in my blood, but nothing is better than being with my family. Good luck with whatever you do Tim.:rockwoot:

Tim,
I can understand that decision, my stuff sat parked for many years. I agree with the guys suggesting to let it sit a while. Another option might be to just loan it to someone who has the time to race it. A buddy of mine (who is also into diesels) sold his race car, and when the new owner had medical issues he asked my buddy to take it back and race it until he was able to. It worked out well for both of them, as the buyer still gets to see his car out there winning.

Either way, know that your diesel family supports you!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I know EXACTLY how you feel. Made the same decision the begining of this season and sold the truck to the perfect new owner a couple months ago. It was the best decision I could have made. I had a great run with the truck and it was time to spend more time with the family.

It was not an easy choice to make but it was the right one for me and I am sure you will find the one for yourself and your family.
Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Tim, sorry to hear your getting out. However it sounds like your doing it for the right reasons. I agree with everyone about parking it for a while. Lose all doubt about getting back in later or sell the motor and put a stock one in it and have a neat cruiser.

It's a hard thing to do. I walked away a few years ago and sold my pro street truck to a good friend (at the time) of mine and have regretted it ever since. If I had kept the truck, even though times were tough at the time, I could at least have something to play with now cause I sure can't afford to spend that kind of money again, nor do I have the time now.

I understand and support you walking away no matter what your reasons but my advise, from experience, is hold onto the truck if you can and see how things play out cause you never know what may come up down the road.

Best of luck!
Ted

Maybe we should keep this thread about Tim and his family and not other peoples projects.

Tim your a very smart man and damn lucky to have the family you do, whatever you decide will be the right thing. I'd put deranged away for the winter and see how you feel next season, you came out and built a truck learning along the way and put in a engine most people thought was crazy. But you did it and actually went out and made some passes. Says alot more than most, and this shows how much you love your family.

Hey I was just harping him a little bit. I know he know's I'm just messing with him. I understand wholely. Don't get rid of it. Let it sit take it out whenever you can to the races. Wife is on a buisness meeting out of town load up the truck and hit up a race.

If you sell that no one will truely be able to appreciate what you put into it.

Gonna push it in the back corner for now and not look at it for a while. Thanks for the advice fellas.

Good choice. :clap:

I get fed up with mine at times and would probably have sold it this year if not for being gone most of the year working and not having to look at it. It sat since Feb, once I got it back together and raced it at Crandall I am so glad I didn't sell.

Gonna push it in the back corner for now and not look at it for a while. Thanks for the advice fellas.

good to hear that!

I think we all get a little obsessive over these things sometimes... it'll be good to just put it on the shelf for a while :cool:

You guys with all that nice weather in Texas, you don't get a "natural" break from racing like we do up Nawth! Around here, most racers wives and kids are so sick of them by spring, the whole family is ready for the season to start!

1289258979655.png

He's probably been annoying the wife by being whiny and complaining that he doesn't have anything to do without the truck, she's now ordering him to work on it and go racing ;)

He's probably been annoying the wife by being whiny and complaining that he doesn't have anything to do without the truck, she's now ordering him to work on it and go racing ;)

LOL That trick has worked for me before!

Actually, The wife and I are separated right now. Not divorced, separated. It doesn't have anything to do with the ranger, the time I spent away or anything else and that's the only time I will talk about it.

I don't know when or where, or how, but I'm not simply giving up something I poured my heart and soul into. This is something I enjoy and something I intend to see through. I wanted to do something different and cool and I have, I just haven't gotten it to where I wanted to be. That's gonna change and I have some help now.
I'm not gonna hype it up, I just want to get it right, work the bugs out, and make the power it has in it. I have not had a single run wide open, using Nitrous or water on the damned thing. The sway bar is still in a box. The brake issue got fixed at PINKS all out with the help of some very good friends. I enjoyed the crap out of having a group of my buds around helping.....hell doing things on the truck along with me.

No promises, but the truck will be seen again.

Back