Finished with Deranged

You have been buddy, (pardon the mushy chit), my whole Comp D family has been from day one. I have had so much support with this truck, and everything else. This place as expensive, dysfunctional and time consuming as it is is therapeutic. I still have a lot of things I want to do in the diesel world. I have only owned 2, My red truck, and my ranger. I will have one for the rest of my days.

I want to thank my buds for their help getting the ranger to the track, and trying to get it down the track. I could not have done it without Phil, Billy, Richard, Lou, Dieter, Stick Timbeaux, Joe, Max, Nathan and James. It was a tough weekend for me but you guys made it liveable. Looking forward to the next time.

Hang in there man. I hope for the best with you and your family and hope to see deranged pull the wheels and haul the mail. It is Sooooooo close!

If you ever need an extra hand hollar at me man. I'd be happy to pitch in.

Best wishes Tim - follow your passion & live without regret. $.02

Tim, I'll be praying for you and the family. That is more important than a truck!

I wish you the best in the future! Your a great guy and deserve for all of this to work out.

David

But I would love to see Deranged haul A$$ someday!

Guys, I would like to say thanks to everyone on here for everything you have done. So many have done so much for me since I started this project nearly 3 1/2 years ago. I had such great plans, and great dreams, but unfortunately, the cost has been high and the toll has been paid by my family. Traveling for a living makes it hard to have a family, and being gone on top of that working on a truck, or going to an event puts an added strain on the things that actually matter.

We ran a best of 11.86 at Pinks all out, with a sad 1.9 60' and nailing the brakes so we wouldn't hit the car that was skidding to a stop just past the finish line. Its the fastest I have gone, and the fastest the truck has gone and we did it, (unbeknown to us) on fuel only. Far short of the hype I had played in fun, the smack that has been talked, and far short of the expectations I had.

I am sure their will be plenty who will call me a quitter or any number of things. I personally say to them, try it yourself, walk in my shoes, and pay the price I have paid, then talk to me. Never the less, I have contacted those who have sponsored parts, and helped me out so much on this project. I have offered to return everything that I can as this was never about making a profit, especially off of someone else, (What I have invested far outweighs what was sponsored). I promised 6 events to everyone at a minimum and I gave 8. I put it in the public eye as much as I could, got it in magazines and on TV and did my best to make it something for everyone to be proud of. I feel ok about my decisions.

I have made no decisions on what I will be doing with the truck, but selling it is definitely an option at this point. Its got what it needs to be a runner, it was built well and is a solid foundation. I simply will not lose more than I have possibly lost to take it a step further. I have raced it for the last time. I will still be around here, perhaps not as much, but will be here. This place and many of you are like family to me. The cost to continue is simply too great, (I am not talking financially so let me quell any rumors of my financial demise). Thanks for understanding.

Tim

:clap: I went through that as well last year. If someone doesn't understand they haven't had a project or they are single. Best of luck to you man!

FYI: Buying a street bike will not fulfill your need for speed. Its nothing but a fast ricer on 2 wheels. Gotta keep some sort of truck around! At least I did.

Good luck with your situation Tim. I'm glad to hear you've decided to keep the Ranger. This sport is dying off too much lately it seems.

Definitely keeping it. Filed for divorce a few days ago. Single Tim plans to make a lot more events this coming season.

Definitely keeping it. Filed for divorce a few days ago. Single Tim plans to make a lot more events this coming season.

Hope she doesn't become a ***** and take it from you during the divorce.

edit:

If you need a place to hide it, I have a spot in the garage I can rent out. No one in their right mind will come up form Texas to Minnesota during the winter for some silly furd ranger.

:)

Last edited:
I was too, but there are some things you can't recover from. We have worked out a fairly amicable split, (so far). I still love the woman deeply, but its time to move on. Having the ranger to play with will make a big difference in my healing time.

Hope she doesn't become a ***** and take it from you during the divorce.

edit:

If you need a place to hide it, I have a spot in the garage I can rent out. No one in their right mind will come up form Texas to Minnesota during the winter for some silly furd ranger.

:)

We can share hiding spots in Minnesota I have a nice 40x60 heat pull shed.:lolly:

I was too, but there are some things you can't recover from. We have worked out a fairly amicable split, (so far). I still love the woman deeply, but its time to move on. Having the ranger to play with will make a big difference in my healing time.

I cannot compare my measly relationship to my girlfried of 2 1/2 years to your family but IMO my truck helps hands down on keeping my mind in check and off how bad it sucks to split. I hope your situation works out as best it can and your project continues in the right direction!
Brandon

Same here, except I had a Chevelle to help me heal...and the new wife LOVES it! The old one loathed it.

LOL

Back