Firepunk Labor Day Dirt Drags and Dyno Day for Charity

20130903_120912_zps0986f531.jpg

Last edited:
Damn looks like you guys did have a great turnout! I should have drove up yesterday, I'm kicking my self in the a$$ for not... LOL

I had a great time. Now I'm going to have to learn how to launch my truck and get rid of the stupid torque management. Thanks again Lavon, Lyn, Matt and everyone else that helped put the event on!

I'm curious how many converters got burnt up because several competitors didnt know how to stage..lol

Yeah, i noticed that. I think there was at least once i sat there for what felt like 10 or 15 seconds waiting on the other guy to stage. I could pretty much just set the light, mash the brakes, nail the throttle, and it'd come up almost instantly. One of the joys of how my truck is set-up.

I was by the Unlimited guys for the last few passes and even they commented on it. Brian got his truck staged and spooled very quick and almost everytime had to set there on the converter waiting on the other to try and get staged.

Yeah, i noticed that. I think there was at least once i sat there for what felt like 10 or 15 seconds waiting on the other guy to stage. I could pretty much just set the light, mash the brakes, nail the throttle, and it'd come up almost instantly. One of the joys of how my truck is set-up.

I was by the Unlimited guys for the last few passes and even they commented on it. Brian got his truck staged and spooled very quick and almost everytime had to set there on the converter waiting on the other to try and get staged.

Yeah I was having issues building boost at the line, and this was my first time out with this setup and staging was definately different than a cool afternoon with a smaller charger. I know it was taking me forever to get staged, but there was still a race or two where I was waiting on the other guy. I envy the guys with twins or a smaller single just for this reason!

Does anybody know what kind of speeds we were seeing at the end of the track? I was more worried about keeping it straight and getting shut down in time to even look at the speedometer

Last edited:
Was that the OBS? Wow 70mph in 300ft is moving pretty damn good

On Ultimate's FB they said they got up to 79 mph in 300', now that is moving. I am like most people, after I launched I didn't look at a single gauge especially the speedometer. lol

Rick

Don had the radar gun and said the 79mph pass it looked like he didn't lift right at 300ft but most of his runs were 74-76mph...about 7-8 trucks over 70mph in 300ft...the others averaged 65mph

Thats pretty quick! The track must have hooked pretty good.

The more i read on here and watch the videos the more i wish i would have at least sent my truck with someone else since i was at home with the new baby!

The obs ford had the best of the day at 4.6. Most of the faster trucks were right around 4.9-5.1

Back