Firepunk Labor Day Dirt Drags and Dyno Day for Charity

I was right at the starting line watching and was surprised, lots of Nitto 420's and hooking up didn't seem to be a big issue...from what it appeared.

LaborDayDrags12_zps4a3ccf93.jpg

Those were two of the slowest trucks there! Still a great time. Getting more go fast parts for the 12v today.

The crazy thing is that 3 years ago this started with a handful of trucks and some quads racing in a bean field on Labor day. Yesterdays event had right around 700 paid through the gates, who knows how many will be there next year?

364 days till Firepunk drags 2014

Hell, I remember when it was a handfull(like less than 5) of goofballs doing burnouts and eating BBQ..... Brandon has the old vids somewhere.

Looks like an awesome event and turnout. Well done fellas. This appears to have become the TS of Dirt drags.

Here are 61 Great Pics

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151822383012453.1073741829.175193782452&type=1

Results for the Event:

Modified Diesel
1st Brian Boysel
2nd Josh Fisher

Stock Diesel (no smoke)
1st Place Jeff Dean
2nd Place Adam Orewiler

2WD/Manual
1st Place Max Noll
2nd Place Brad Amerine

Open Class
1st Place Mike Tissot
2nd Place John Hall

Attendance:
756 Gate Admissions
93 Race Entrees + 10 or more test and tune only entrees

We are still having some money coming in but so far we've cleared a little over $11,000 for Charity. We're humbled by everyone's generosity, Thank you!!!!

Last edited:
Hell, I remember when it was a handfull(like less than 5) of goofballs doing burnouts and eating BBQ..... Brandon has the old vids somewhere.

Looks like an awesome event and turnout. Well done fellas. This appears to have become the TS of Dirt drags.
Yep. This is the 5th year since starting dirt drags and the 10th year of Firepunk Labor Day. We're very blessed to have the friends and family who support us.

I heard that next year they will have LED staging bulbs and hand out little trophy's called "Lavonie's"!

Yep

I want a little man next year. lol Trust me Travis they had some kick butt food! Ice cream also. I had to try it also. Had to make sure it was safe for the rest of the fine folks.

I want a little man next year. lol Trust me Travis they had some kick butt food! Ice cream also. I had to try it also. Had to make sure it was safe for the rest of the fine folks.

This makes it official. Next year I'm going. Lets put some paddles on the rail.

Before they know it, this event is going to be too big to host at the current location! It really is a great time and it's a good change from the typical truck pulls. Lavon and the Firepunk crew really do a great job of putting this event together.

Before they know it, this event is going to be too big to host at the current location! It really is a great time and it's a good change from the typical truck pulls. Lavon and the Firepunk crew really do a great job of putting this event together.

Just mow down more of the field.. Prob solved.

See Jeff...this is why you are so well respected. You put your own health on the line for the safety of others...LOL

Congrats on the win too man!

This makes it official. Next year I'm going. Lets put some paddles on the rail.

That could be cool....

Any Dyno Results???

Looks like a great time was had by all!!!!!

Travis....
You come in from the West next year and let you wheel the Bottle Rocket as I probably would be convulsing on the ground at all the dirt getting on it,LOL.......Andy

On Edit....
Whose White CR with the cowl Hood on was that?,nice clean smooth look and a sharp truck!
LOTS of sweet looking rides and the clouds look a bit ominous,props to the photographer also!

Last edited:
Back