First test drive

Are you not checking all of your clearances with the OD section on it? I always put the trans in with the OD section on it.

Are you not checking all of your clearances with the OD section on it? I always put the trans in with the OD section on it.

I temporarily lost the gasket for the OD section, found it this morning so OD is going on shortly.

What I am saying is I like the OD section to be on the transmission to set up the input shaft end play and such.

What I am saying is I like the OD section to be on the transmission to set up the input shaft end play and such.

Oh, no Spence!

Also, without the overdrive housing bolted up, how are you making sure all of the forward clutch frictions are staying engaged on the the splines of the planetary assembly on the end of the intermediate shaft?

Without the overdrive bolted up on my 47rh, there was enough play in the intermediate shaft to let 1 of the forward clutch frictions slide off the splines of the intermediate planetary assembly.

Didn't have a way to alighn the OD. Been busy with graduation stuff lately too. I keep saying next week but it never happens! This time is a winner though. I'm excited for it to last longer than 2 miles lol

Back