FPP/USA-East Pro Stock Diesel 4x4 Class

PT. I don't want to go through with all this work and $$ and get blackballed from FullPull. Most of there pulls are close to me and I like pulling with them! Thanks for your Support! I will give you a call this weekend sometime....answer the dammed phone! lol:lolly:

Thanks everyone for your replies. I appreciate your input.

The USA-East Tech Committee has decided to establish a 158" Inch wheelbase for the Pro Stock Diesel Truck class. Any alteration to the frame/body must use OEM Parts. Any alteration that is deemed to gain a weight advantage could be subject a weight handicapped.

Rj, by doing so you just cut out, or created a lot of work for the 3rd gen dodge chassis in the 4 door long bed configuration. I know Charlie Reckart has one. Those trucks are 160" from the factory.

If that's the case there should be an amendment allowing any configuration if its unaltered OEM.

Rj, by doing so you just cut out, or created a lot of work for the 3rd gen dodge chassis in the 4 door long bed configuration. I know Charlie Reckart has one. Those trucks are 160" from the factory.

Slide the axel ahead 2"...whats the big deal?

Just an observation. Although if for some reason someone built a 4door long bed Chevy, that's 172" wb, and that's a little more than cut, slide and reinstall.

Last edited:
The guy that runs east coast just did it back in the spring. CCLB chevy. Cut the frame and put a short bed on it to meet the 158 rule in PPL.

Right, if your looking to build a truck you can buy what you need but a lot of pulling trucks weren't bought originally to pull only.:st:

I agree but its the rule so you have to follow it. Its just the reverse of the reg cab truck stretching the frames and beds. Just as much work and money. When you get to that level of class you have to conform to the rules. Most are already altering everything else why not take a few inches out of the wheel bases. Like i said before there is no need for a CCLB in any class other then street. It could be like the gas classes that are reg cab long bed length.

Last edited:
Just an observation. Although if for some reason someone built a 4door long bed Chevy, that's 172" wb, and that's a little more than cut, slide and reinstall.

Aren't the current chebbies 167"? Never heard of 172"....are you thinking cab & chassis stretch limo length?

Prostockpuller - I'm sorry I didn't realize what you were trying to do. From the sounds of it, your project sounds OK to me, sorry if I caused you any heartburn.

NWPADMAX.....No problem. I just want to be able to compete and bring my 48 ford F3 to the Pulls. The fans love the old Ford Body. It brings back lots of memories to the older croud. There is NO POSSIBLE WAY I could compete with 2ft less wheelbase.
Ford makes a crewcab long bed at 172" wheelbase also.

Charlie is exactly 160 inch by this new rule its going to make us do alot more work on the truck and including buying a new bed and alot more tubing cause we could have to cut the whole suspension off to make the suspension work right. When we put the rear end in this year we did it to keep the truck in the rule of the factory wheelbase must remain the same of stock +/- 1 inch of the 161 that the truck was factory

Slide the axel ahead 2"...whats the big deal?

Ron it causes alot of work for us and whats the difference cause we cant go pull anywhere else with the turbo setup the has a wheelbase rule even some 3.0 classes do allow big wheelbases

Ya I knew he put the big rear end in last year and I figured he wasn't planning on another rule change for next year.

Truck pulling is a lot of work Period....You have to love it and work hard at it to compete. You could be in my shoes and go from 134" to 158"!...I could pull the truck I bought...it's turnKey. But I am FORD loyal and will absolutely not drive a Dodge! Cummins saved the Dodge truck market years ago. It's a hell of an Engine.
Thanks for the Comments and I'm sure the Tech guys will have fun this coming pulling season.

Fords are gay dude and dodge has been using cummins since early 90s man, no one saved anyone, they go hand and hand with each other.Theres no one way deal, and I agree the wheelbase rule shouldn't have been messed with, it doesn't improve or make the class better in anyway.

Back