Free Rev Boost #'s????

dzlfarmboy

Supporting Vendor
Just wanna see some numbers of what some of you guys see that have just held a free rev while in neutral or park. And what charger you did it with.

Brett

Well with my new setup 10lbs@ 3000 & 18lbs @ 3500 no BS I cant believe those numbers at all. One more retorque and she's gonna hit the rollers

What cam you running Brett? I have heard reports over the years of guy running Helix cams getting boost free revving. I never heard over 8psi tho.

not that I dont believe you, but usually the big dogs can get a few lbs of boost, not double digits

He's running a Billet Helix.

I couldn't believe it either. My truck only makes 4-5lbs at 3k, and i have the same turbos.

You should take a video Brett.

He's running a Billet Helix.

I couldn't believe it either. My truck only makes 4-5lbs at 3k, and i have the same turbos.

You should take a video Brett.

I'll try to get a video of it today, Im running a Helix 2 and did alot of porting on the head.

Haven't tried it with the SS turbo but my ksb-1 I could hit 8-10lbs at redline in park.

I'll try to get a video of it today, Im running a Helix 2 and did alot of porting on the head.

wouldn't porting increase the internal volume of the pressurized tract, making it harder to create higher boost #s?

PS62, 2psi 3000-ish. according to the TST box, 0-100 gauge not detailed enough :)

my stock turbo I could get 6-8 up to 3500.

0 at 5600-5800 rpm.

i know of a guy that was tryin to get his twins to whissle free reving, ended up with a blown engine:bang oops.

ted

Ok i am going to ask a dumn question what difference does it make if you make boost just reving the engine in neutral???

Back