Free Rev Boost #'s????

HE351 Common Rail: 13psi at 3500 steady-state RPM.

Load helps to create boost, since fueling increases with load, and fueling raises turbine inlet pressure, which provides more power to the compressor.

Plenty of load caused by 14-17:1 compression pumping losses and hundreds of pounds of rotating inertia and parasitic friction.

Not enough room here to list the many variables which explain the vast differences between direct observation data.

Interesting, I can do 10-15 ish but I really have not payed attention. I can rev past 5k thats when the pump gets happy.

Interesting, I can do 10-15 ish but I really have not payed attention. I can rev past 5k thats when the pump gets happy.

Yeah I just thought it was rather odd, but mine has droped some since advancing the timing. Twins are singing @ 5k:rockwoot:

I think I'd be a little nervous free revving the motor above 5k rpm's. Something tells me that that would be a nice kaboom if something let loose. LOL

I can hit 12 psi in the manifold and 4 psi in the cold pipe between the chargers at 3700 rpms free rev.

Just checked mine today in the heat of the day 110* outside while I was waiting for my egt's to cool off. 3000 rpm=6 psi boost.

Factory in the 98...but a diesel timing light, or phototach works of you have the nuts to stand that close to the engine:D

The little truck will have a 6K Stewart Warner.
Chris

93 VE pumped - huge stix n twins
free rev yesterday netted 21 psi at 3300 rpm the first time and 14 psi at 3200 the second time

no boost at steady rpm - just with flash revving

None that I have ever noticed ... but I never actually tryed to build boost in neautral without slipping the clutch ethier

I never really tried at a constant throttle, stomping on it in neutral (I was cruising down the freeway and my brother asked, so I threw it in neutral and tried) Snapped it over 20 real quick. It was either the 62 or 64.

With the GT42 on my Dmax If I bring the RPM up slowy it will make 15psi at 4000rpm. EEP billet cam. It would not do this before the cam.

Back