Full locker on the street

I ran a lincoln locker, then detroit in my old 2000. It was pretty bad on wet roads, put me in the ditch a couple time when I got a little cocky. LOL

However it was awesome.

I street drive a Yukon Grizzly in White Out, Have driven it about 7,000 miles and not too bad, corners pretty nice with no power, makes a pretty good ratcheting noise however. Will make a big pop once in a while when you get on it a little in the turns at low speed. It will wear the tires quicker and trying to back it up on slick pavement and turn it forget it unless it's in 4x4. Goes straight back otherwise. I haven't driven it much on slick roads, and don't plan to. Looks like it would be a ditch seeker pretty quick if you were not paying very close attention.

I would look in to an eaton E locker before an ARB. If it's for the truck in his avatar he's has no need for an on board air system. The price becomes absurd when you have to buy the air management system just to use a locker.

ARB is his best choice for streetabilty....and ...he already currently has onboard air.

ARB is his best choice for streetabilty....and ...he already currently has onboard air.

He must be running a train horns. I didn't think about that. It didn't looked bagged and wasn't a trail rig. If you don't have on board air already an E locker is a better option. Works almost identical to a ARB but has a electric solenoid.

You know the bolts that hold the axle shaft in on a full floater rearend (like all diesel 3/4 and 1-ton trucks from the factory)? Every damn one of them sheared, and the heads of several shot through the sheet metal center cap and dinged the wheel.

Thanks for the nostalgia...

back in the 90's we used to rock Power Strokes - spat an axle out in the parking lot, good thing I had on-board tools & hardware to pull the stubs & replace with better bolts.

After ~70K miles, those darn SuperDutys spent more time in the shop than on the road... amazing how little the 100K mile "bumper to bumper" warranty actually covered - Ford finally "forced" us to roll with the CTD/Ram combo instead.

I have yet to see the issue with running a full spool on the street. Other than od tire wear. Assuming you know how to drive they are very very predictable.

DITTO..
Ive had my Detroit in for about 3-4 years and have had zero issues..Except the tire wear from the skuffing.. The biggest thing to remember is not to hammer the throttle while turning or you'll hear a loud bang and shyt your pants..

Back