Gale Banks nominated for SEMA Board of Directors. a diesel first for SEMA

John_P said:
What I REALLY want to see is old Gale Banks (the diesel wizard) build and field a sled pulling truck and run it in the Modified Class of DHRA against some of these names: Kent Crowder, Eric Stacey, Chris Watson, Terry Martin, Van and Curt Haisley to name a few. How does anyone here on this website think he would do against some of these guys or even the ones I failed to mention.
Answer: NOT VERY WELL!!!:hehe:

Supposedly Banks equiped trucks produce more safe power than anyone else. They should be able to build some rockin pullers that will be really reliable. Maybe they shouldn't be challenged cause with all their expertise in power and reliability they could easily run the other pullers out of business with all the parts those other pullers will have to buy. You know since noone can build a powerful reliable smoke free diesel.

/UNSET sarcasm:hehe:

Can't wait to get home and see that video. I need to dig up the email addy of that engineer at Banks and send it to him.

thetonka said:
Actually I would LOVE to have him or one of his minions come on this board and honestly stand up for the claims made about Banks performance. On a side note, he does have some good points and the smoke is one. Its a hot topic for the enviro-nazis. To this point though I would love to see him actually step up and issue a challenge(not sling mud) to the diesel performance community about smoke. I am sure there are plenty of diesel performance shops that could match or best him in power and smoke reduction. This is the ground he has claimed, and you know with all his BS he can easily step back and weasel out of his performance claims by saying "I meant with little to no smoke, cause smoke is power you can see and not use".

Still, BRING IT GALE. I am sure there are plenty who would step up and meet any challenge you put forth. But then Banks doesn't seem to be involved at all in any diesel performance functions or groups or forums or sanctioning bodies, or ...... Come to think of it how to they even claim they are a performance diesel company???? :shake:

----------
thetonka:

It's funny this issue has come up again with old Gale and his view on the black smoke coming from diesel pickups. I have said all along (and have been in heated discussions with COMP about this:hehe: ) that the only way he is going to run 7's in a tube chassis diesel drag truck AND do it with NO BLACK SMOKE is to spray the living hell out of the truck with a progressive nitrous system or some type of water methanol mixture. The Banks camp kind of denies they will need to do this.

BUT,......in the most recent Issue of "Diesel Power", they have written a short article and taken some puictures of his yet NON-RUNNING "Type D" Banks Drag Truck. On page #63 "Diesel Power" writes the following and quotes old Gale Banks:

"The highly modified Duramax engine (in the Banks Type D) features a dry-sump oiling system, a custom camshaft, rods, and ported cylinder heads.
A pair of turbos is used WITH NITROUS to reduce spooling time at the start of the strip-black smoke at sanctioned drag events is a BIG NO-NO. Because of the sub-3,000 pound projected weight of the vehicle, the crew at Gale Banks is shooting for 1,000 HP on #2 diesel and will use the nitrous mainly to keep smoke down while the truck is staging. Gale Banks notes, however, "that if the truck isn't fast enough, the nitrous can be kept on all the way down the track ..............."

So,.........I guess I was right all along!!:hehe:

--------
John_P

Diesel Power loves their Banks. The magazine wouldn't even be out if it wasn't for Gale. So it'll always be biased towards him.

partsguy662 said:
But you'll notice that the Banks truck ran clean, with no nasty smoke polluting the air. This was a moral victory for the tree huggers everywhere.

:hehe: 12.70 out of a full-on race truck........judas priest..LOL! LOL! LOL!
i dont care who you are, thats funny right there:clap:

Candidates for the manufacturers’ category are Gale Banks of Gale Banks Engineering, Robert Bruegging of Mr. Gasket Co., David Crockett of EGR, Larry Erickson of Ford Motor Co., Doug Evans of Primedia, Dennis Gage of Bradley David Productions, Joe Hige of Turbonetics Inc., Raymond King of Federal-Mogul, Rich Sherman of Baer Brakes, Mike Spagnola of Street Scene Equipment, David Stutts of Hot Rod Air, Inc., and Jeep Worthan of Auto Meter. John Menzler of Comp Performance Group is the alternate in the manufacturers’ category.

COMP461 said:
I know it burns some of you up when anyone gives Gale the recognition he deserves

Comp, since your start on these diesel message forums you have IMO shown that if you have one obvious weakness, that weakness would unequivocally be the lack of politicking skills and because of this I'm going to type the following really slow.

Putting all BS aside the ONLY reason SEMA is nominating Gale over any other diesel manufacturer is simply because he is not only their longest trade showing diesel product manufacturer but because he has spent the most money out of his segment as well.

Look at his fellow nominees....is every one of them God's gift to the market in which they sell product? Hell NO! Do they have a long history of renting mega floorspace with SEMA? Hell YES!

If you can't see something as simple as this I don't know what to tell you.

It's all about the Benjamin's.

Burner said:
We have a winner! :Cheer:

Yup, after all SEMA is the specialty equipment MANUFACTURERS association, and they will always give a bit of preferential treatment to the bigger manufacturers. All things aside, Banks is the big dog, too bad the bark is worse than the bite. :what:

.....Gale needs to be there. However, I am not a big fan like you would think. He is in the unique position to absorb hits that regular folks couldn't handle. He will be under the 'Gun' to get it right. He does have customers and they can make that difference. .......Let's test the waters with Gale first. Fish are always more hungry at first. ;)

I almost spent about 650 bucks on a banks "monster" exhaust for my (now sold) 99 7.3 back in 2004. I had spoken to a banks rep several times "learning" about diesel performance. Luckily I only had a budget for an exhaust kit and nothing more, but I still waited until I learned more before I committed to buying anything. I was stoked, excited that I was soon going to buy a big bad banks kit and a couple of cool banks power stickers to put on my truck to let all other diesel owners know that I have a FAST banks powered diesel. :hehe: :hehe: Well I ended up not buying the banks kit. I just didn't feel it worth that much. Then a few months later I learned that there was a lot more out there, and for a lot cheaper but much better. Now I am one of the "anti-banks" guys that so many have become. I see banks as preying upon the uninformed, hoping they will spend many hundreds more for products that are worth many hundreds less. I would bet that at least 70-80% of their sales of their big hoss bundles - or whatever faggoty names the call their kits - come from people that just bought their first diesel and don't know anything other than the engine has no spark plugs. They get a hard on for the ads and soon enough their pockets are empty but their a$$ is sore from the whopping they keep getting from the other diesels in town. "Well my banks power is safe, I never get over 1250*" and the next guy says "well my brand x is safe, I never get over 1250* either but I can whip your little banks powered rig all day every day.....

I live in socal area and used to work for a Cummins dealership that has a RV repair department. The dealership would get Banks victims all the time coming in with issues as a result of poor installations or for problems with Banks products. The installation where done at Banks. Most victims where retires who don't know any better who are just looking to get a little more out of there coach. They see all the Banks ads in the RV mags and think thats all thats out there. They set up an appointment at Banks to get a packaged deal installed. Next thing they are out on the road and they start having problems and the next stop is to the Cummins dealership to figure out the issue or they think they have a warranty claim. Troubleshooting the problem we would find loose clamps, loose hardware faulty connections, turbos that where about to fall off, and faulty Neverminds I mean Autominds. On occasion we would get a Chernbyl engine that had melted down as a result of the above listed problems. You would call Banks tech department to get help and first thing you hear is,"Thats the first time we have heard of that before." Then the back pedaling would start. Next your handing the victim a repair bill and a roll of crying towels.
Banks spends alot of time in court defending its self and settling claims. I think this has alot to due with the high price of the product, to cover for liability and attorneys.

Voodoo Trucker said:
I live in socal area and used to work for a Cummins dealership that has a RV repair department. The dealership would get Banks victims all the time coming in with issues as a result of poor installations or for problems with Banks products. The installation where done at Banks. Most victims where retires who don't know any better who are just looking to get a little more out of there coach. They see all the Banks ads in the RV mags and think thats all thats out there. They set up an appointment at Banks to get a packaged deal installed. Next thing they are out on the road and they start having problems and the next stop is to the Cummins dealership to figure out the issue or they think they have a warranty claim. Troubleshooting the problem we would find loose clamps, loose hardware faulty connections, turbos that where about to fall off, and faulty Neverminds I mean Autominds. On occasion we would get a Chernbyl engine that had melted down as a result of the above listed problems. You would call Banks tech department to get help and first thing you hear is,"Thats the first time we have heard of that before." Then the back pedaling would start. Next your handing the victim a repair bill and a roll of crying towels.
Banks spends alot of time in court defending its self and settling claims. I think this has alot to due with the high price of the product, to cover for liability and attorneys.

That's too bad. Another reason we call them "big bad banks"

Voodoo Trucker said:
and why should people beleive you , easy to get a log on to compD and spread this propaganda .

COMP461 said:
and why should people beleive you , easy to get a log on to compD and spread this propaganda .

That is funny!

You mean like this thread or your posting the the Flawed LBZ shotout you posted!:eek:wned:

This seems to be a concerted effort of a few, like this individual who can make up a name on here, make up facts and the rest will stick by them to further the lie.

You could do the same smear campaign against any major vendor, and this is done as a business tactic. Gale Banks Engineering is clearly the biggest manufactures in the business, and has a huge following, selling more product then most of the rest combined.
The smaller vendors are extremely jealous , and feel threatened of this fact making attempts like this to discredit the leaders in any industry, in hopes that someone will listen , and the resultant fallout is greater sales for their favorite vendor.

You can say that I have a vested interest in the PR of GBE, and that is a fact, but I have a reasonability to call a lie a lie when people make up a log in name on the internet and after 3 post, we all know its some one with an Axe to grind.

People like John P spread this crap, when he himself could not possibility have true first hand knowledge of the facts. He has what is legal terms is called hearsay. This means he heard about it, so it must be fact . He talks about TST like it’s a fact that GBE copied they fuel plates,

GBE has a dyno facility that engine shops from INDY, NASCAR, and NHRA, would be extremely envious. The customers of this extensive facility include the U.S Navy, the OEM, on others come to GBE to solve problems. The ability’s of this dyno facility is a fact that no one on here will refute. So in debate terms we will stipulate this as a fact, unless some one to pretend this doesn’t exist.

Why on Gods green earth with someone with this infrastructure need to copy a plate from some one who has what for a infrastructure. I mean a fuel plate is a tune in physical form , there are thousands of different variants , I make my own from stock plates and work the fuel curve out , grinding a few thousand of a inch at a time at a time . Where did I learn to do that, well from Jim Fulmer and Bill Fletcher . Dose this mean I copied their plate, no, because every engine is different.

If you want to get of here and rant and rave over product , that you probably have never even seen or had anything but hearsay knowledge , back it up with fact , recipes ,pictures and such, or hold you tongue

Anyone want to debate me on this instead of the rants of John P and Baby P bring it on , but have facts , and do it in a civil manor

JOHNBOY said:
That is funny!

You mean like this thread or your posting the the Flawed LBZ shotout you posted!:eek:wned:

Flawed, in what way, because it didn’t come out the way you expected or wished.

Can you tell me beyond a doubt, in absolutely 100% facts that this isn’t true? You have done the same controlled test under strict engineering terms with results that were different. Could you please publish these results

You know if it was anything but fact or was misleading, then in America, and certainly in the left coast there are laws called TRUTH IN ADVERTISING.

These laws have sharp teeth to protect business from their competitors falsely making unfair comparisons or telling untruths about their product that could harm them . This gives them an avenue of relief.

Its called court, so far no one has refuted this and made a legal move. Not a one of the products have posted a peep about it because it’s a fact. The facts speak for them selves.

You make a test like this document it, and make a video about it.

The people that do this bashing is the reason this was done, they tell lies and campaign against GBE product , so this is Gales Response , not a few sharp words on a internet forum, but a extensive program to show the truth .you type , they make a factual test

Last edited:
Greg

I have nothing against you.

I have seen some GBE 24v stuff and Duramax stuff first hand not impressed. The hype sounds great. The exhuasts are nice the rest of it way overpriced for the money IMHO.

I really could have cared less what GBE did until the "Shootout". That test was bogus! :bs: With a built trans the PPE Hot 2 WILL run high 12s Will dyno right around 500rwhp on a Dynojet 248. That really rubbed me the wrong way. I do not have any PPE parts on my truck but I have seen them work.

PPE goes to the track and races their own truck. With their own stuff on it. Joe won quick diesel at Vegas. Where was Banks? Spinning more hype?

The best advertising a manufacturer can get is from a happy customer. Not form shameless shelf pimping like this. When you shut your mouth and stand back from the keyboard nothing gets said. All one heres is the sound crickets!

This is performance forum made up of competitors. How many "Competition" parts does GBE really sell? Have they backed there hype up at a real race?

Look at II, Scheid, PPE, EEP, Haisley, HTT, and so on they are not here shamelessly pimping themselves. They do not have to the have real track results that speak far loader then fancy full paged magizine adds, long drawn out wandering internet posts, and TV ads.$.02

Off my soap box.:soap:

JOHNBOY said:
Greg

I have seen some GBE 24v stuff and Duramax stuff first hand not impressed. The hype sounds great. The exhuasts are nice the rest of it way overpriced for the money IMHO.

I really could have cared less what GBE did until the "Shootout". That test was bogus! :bs: With a built trans the PPE Hot 2 WILL run high 12s Will dyno right around 500rwhp on a Dynojet 248. That really rubbed me the wrong way. I do not have any PPE parts on my truck but I have seen them work.

PPE goes to the track and races their own truck. With their own stuff on it. Joe won quick diesel at Vegas. Where was Banks? Spinning more hype?

The best advertising a manufacturer can get is from a happy customer. Not form shameless shelf pimping like this. When you shut your mouth and stand back from the keyboard nothing gets said. All one heres is the sound crickets!

This is performance forum made up of competitors. How many "Competition" parts does GBE really sell? Have they backed there hype up at a real race?

Look at II, Scheid, PPE, EEP, Haisley, HTT, and so on they are not here shamelessly pimping themselves. They do not have to the have real track results that speak far loader then fancy full paged magizine adds, long drawn out wandering internet posts, and TV ads.$.02

wow, that was a great responce and i feel the exact same. when was the last time you saw a BANKS powered rig win a diesel competition weather it was drag racing or sled pullin? :blahblah1:

COMP461 said:
This seems to be a concerted effort of a few,
a few??? I haven't met a single person anywhere in the diesel community that will say any differently then everyone has already listed on here.

The only reason your mentor has sold so much is because he has ripped off every unsuspecting person he could possibly find. You can do the same to some old lady buying a damn Kia.

JOHNBOY said:
Greg

I must agree. I know BANKS has the facility to do the work and they claim to do the work......just nothing proven at the track? I think we are all familiar with Dyno Queens. It really is about time BANKS got off their duff and made an event. In my mind, in most as well, NOT showing up does not mean you are the best it means you know you don't stand a chance. I think BANKS knows this as well. If they did show up and could not win or even back their own claims...

Greg, I think you said it best. I don't remember the quote but it was something like --> Put up or shut up. :thankyou2:

Back