Gale Banks nominated for SEMA Board of Directors. a diesel first for SEMA

I got turned into a banks basher and I probably always will be. The main reason is that if you tout yourself as the top manufacturer of a certain product, but your much higher priced products are constantly outperformed over and over and over again by competitors with lower priced products then in my book you're nothing but a piece of crap. So what if GBE comes out with a really fast truck. Are the products that went into that truck all his, 100% engineered by GBE? Or were they borrowed engineering, designs, programming, or anything else for that matter? And, are ALL of those products available to the public at a cost that isn't required to take out a second mortgage on a home? I'm with Johnboy, I have not seen many if any other manufacturers or representatives of manufacturers get on a forum and act anywhere near the way Comp has. Now I am sure that GB knows some stuff, if he didn't he wouldn't be well known. But with that being said it isn't necessary for him to stick his nose so high that his boogers begin to orbit among satellites and bash his his competitors for their the things they do.

Greg

I could not pass this up!

Comp461 posted
"Ok let’s get a little more specific

Stage 3 RayMac head, with ZZ manifold,
Stock valve springs,
No o-rings and new inconel valves. $4900
Max Spool II cam $ 450
Industrial injection silver bullet 66mm $2000
Industrial injection 3 flow tips $ 600
Industrial injection CP3 stage II pump $1400

ARP 2000 head studs $ 400
Nitrous express SX II duel Channel $ 875
Dr Performance stage III $ 300
Diablo predator $ 380
Snow boost cooler $ 600
$11,905"

What no GBE parts!:hehe:

I am sure there probably are but I could not pass that up.:shake:

I think that the diesel market needs to be represented in SEMA and in other venues. I just do not think that Gale is the man that I want to do it.

JOHNBOY said:
Greg

Comp461 posted

Stock valve springs,
Max Spool II cam $ 450

Diablo predator $ 380
Snow boost cooler $ 600
$11,905"

I think that the diesel market needs to be represented in SEMA and in other venues. I just do not think that Gale is the man that I want to do it.
you dont have to worry about the labor cost when Greg already said he does all the work on the truck anyways.

JOHNBOY said:
Greg

Comp461 posted

Stock valve springs,
Max Spool II cam $ 450

Diablo predator $ 380
Snow boost cooler $ 600
$11,905"

Yeah I noticed that too. If GBE is so good then why are everyone else's parts on the truck?

Another question is, if GBE is such a top notch company, why aren't all the best people in the field begging to work for Gale? The only person associated with the company that is even remotely connected to the diesel performance is Comp and even he chooses not to run Banks products on the project x truck. You would think that of all people, Comp461, with all his influence in the market would see to it that something from Banks performance would be on the truck?

Greg: Hey guys, can we put Gale's programmer on Project X?

Truck owner: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: I spent thousands of $$ on this rig and you want me to put a Banks product in the fold???:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: Drive the truck, Greg... Just drive the truck. A couple of minutes go by..... Greg, I sorry for laughing so much, if it means that much to you I'll let you put a Banks sticker right behind the tailpipe.:hehe:

Mike D said:
if it means that much to you I'll let you put a Banks sticker right behind the tailpipe.:hehe:
But that would defeat the purpose! Then the sticker would get covered up by black smoke!! LOL

Project X was built before Gale called me to drive for him, so should I just switch products, that is not fair and I don’t bounce from one vendor to another getting product, before going on to the next vendor and asking fro more.

Project X now has a Six-Gun PDA and a TS MP8 stacked. This new set up is working really good , and was in play when the truck went 161.007 . A Technicooler is also installed and made a incredible difference in back pressure and temperature

One answer to a question dose everyone in the diesel world have to figure labor in their Hot Rod , Project X was a do it yourself project, therefore the wrenching was done by myself and a few others that stopped by to help when they had time.

You will never see a Banks truck powered by off the shelf Banks parts compete at a real event. WHy, because Gale banks has a succesful company not because of his products, but because of his advertising. Greg, smaller companies advertise at events. GBE advertises in magazines, everywhere to push his products to the people who don't really know that Banks products are sub par. Do they make a descent product, yes definetly, do they make anywhere near the quality product that many other of the as you say smaller and Jealous companies make. NO. That is the reason you don't see a Banks powered truck winning at events. They simply use the same tactics the ladies use at a strip club. You can get all excited about the merchandise, you pay through the nose in hopes of getting what is advertised, and in the end, your left standing with much less than what you saw, and much lighter in the wallet. After a while you start lookig around and you realize you got hosed, and the sexy thing you saw is just for show, you can't actually have it. Tell me I am wrong. How many products on the Banks truck that you drive are available to the public?

I thought so!

COMP461 said:
Project X now has a Six-Gun PDA and a TS MP8 stacked.

SO to get it to make any kind of power you had to stack it with the MP-8, (a product that actually works)? :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

COMP461 said:
Project X was built before Gale called me to drive for him, so should I just switch products, that is not fair and I don’t bounce from one vendor to another getting product, before going on to the next vendor and asking fro more.

Project X now has a Six-Gun PDA and a TS MP8 stacked. This new set up is working really good , and was in play when the truck went 161.007 . A Technicooler is also installed and made a incredible difference in back pressure and temperature

Greg

I figured GBE parts where on the Project X! Do not take it personal. Your record in racing is stout. I know that. I just feel if one thinks his stuff is better than someelses he should so up at the track and prove it.:rules:

I do not go around telling everyone how fast my truck is, how well it pulls, and how it dynos. I prefer to let results do the talking. You know like Teddy said "Speak softly and carry a Big Stick!"

Big Stick is what I call my pulling truck by the way. Like it really matters.:hehe:

I'll admit I was more than a little disappointed in the LBZ Shootout Banks did.

It was not necessary. Banks makes a good product for it's intended market. It is not a race product.

Bank's claims that it can whup a PPE LBZ tune is hysterical comedy. Two different leagues. There is crew cab PPE LBZ "tune/trans" only running 12.5's.

I like the folk at Banks, but I will not cosign that bullsheet. They sell high 13 second stuff. You wanna run 12's, 11's, or 10's? Banks is not in that market.

McRat said:
They sell high 13 second stuff. You wanna run 12's, 11's, or 10's? Banks is not in that market.

Dang:hehe: so the tube truck they have, the Type D, is only good for 13's?:redx::kick: :pop:

Dalpilot said:
You will never see a Banks truck powered by off the shelf Banks parts compete at a real event. WHy, because Gale banks has a succesful company not because of his products, but because of his advertising. Greg, smaller companies advertise at events. GBE advertises in magazines, everywhere to push his products to the people who don't really know that Banks products are sub par. Do they make a descent product, yes definetly, do they make anywhere near the quality product that many other of the as you say smaller and Jealous companies make. NO. That is the reason you don't see a Banks powered truck winning at events. They simply use the same tactics the ladies use at a strip club. You can get all excited about the merchandise, you pay through the nose in hopes of getting what is advertised, and in the end, your left standing with much less than what you saw, and much lighter in the wallet. After a while you start lookig around and you realize you got hosed, and the sexy thing you saw is just for show, you can't actually have it. Tell me I am wrong. How many products on the Banks truck that you drive are available to the public?

I thought so!
very well put Dalpilot. couldnt have said it any better myself:clap: :clap: :clap:

RacinDuallie said:
Dang:hehe: so the tube truck they have, the Type D, is only good for 13's?:redx::kick: :pop:

Dunno. Need to see it run.

I'm currently the quickest diesel in California that I know of.

Love to run against the Banks truck someday. It should wipe me out.

;)

sweet thanks man. if we can get our truck to hook up it should be in the 10s to. i mean, 1200hp at the wheels should run that fast if you can get it to hook up.

to comp461:

if gbe is so much better then everyone else then why did my 03 psd with a 6.0 banks 6 gun w/ power pda not shift worth a crap? i ran a `14.2 with the banks and put an sct on it and lost 4 tenths of a second w/ the only thing that changed is the tuner? not to mention i have 1100 in the power pda and 400 in the sct

Greg won't answer, he can't without agreeing that what Banks Races, and What Banks sells is 2 totally diferent things.

Back