Gap in classes???

Given the current economy and level of participation, I would like to see the following:
1) Change brackets to 11.00 to 23.99, so even Neilden in his naturally aspirated Jetta can run, and the slower SS trucks can run brackets.
2) Leave SS alone, it is the most popular class out there, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
3) Combine Pro-Stock and Pro-Street (like it was last year). Not enough of either to justify a separate class, and unless Dr. Performance or Banks shows up, the ETs are pretty close anyway.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I like this idea, if we get more people showing up then maybe we can add another class...

Pro-Stock, Pro-Street combined works, it did in 2008 why not again?
Except then the Pro-Stock/Street Record will have to be removed or else split up..

Given the current economy and level of participation, I would like to see the following:
1) Change brackets to 11.00 to 23.99, so even Neilden in his naturally aspirated Jetta can run, and the slower SS trucks can run brackets.
2) Leave SS alone, it is the most popular class out there, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
3) Combine Pro-Stock and Pro-Street (like it was last year). Not enough of either to justify a separate class, and unless Dr. Performance or Banks shows up, the ETs are pretty close anyway.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Heck ya!!! if i can make it in that time almost anyone can. lol

Heck ya!!! if i can make it in that time almost anyone can. lol

Just imagine closing in on the finish line and having an 11.0 truck flying by! You'll be looking back, thinking "there is NO way he's gonna catch me", and whooosssshhhh... I screwed up and gave back the win light to IdahoRob down in Bakersfield last year, mis-judging the finish line like that.

what if, superstreet was setup at weight limit like it is but to prove your ride is street legal or streetable you have to go out for a 15 mile spin around the block proving your truck can handle street driving conditions. just an idea

I just think if you run faster than 10.16 or 134 MPH then you should step up to pro street. :kick:

Honestly if I was running Sportsman ET I probably would not want to step up to run Super Street either. Unfortunately it is a huge cost difference to go from brackets to Super Street and be competitive. And even if you decide to step up to SS and you are running high 11's, it is a whole different ball game to jump up to where Aaron, Rob, Nathan, and Jeff are at.

what if, superstreet was setup at weight limit like it is but to prove your ride is street legal or streetable you have to go out for a 15 mile spin around the block proving your truck can handle street driving conditions. just an idea

It would be pretty tough to do this within the time limits, and it raises an issue with insurance and liability (making part of an official event occur outside of the racing facility). I remember talking to someone about the road test part of the Diesel Power Challenge, and apparently it is a big legal/liability hassle. That said, I doubt it would weed out too many trucks. The DirtyMax truck would be able to complete this easily. It stays cool as long as you are not stalling the torque converter, and you could drive around all day.

I just think if you run faster than 10.16 or 134 MPH then you should step up to pro street. :kick:

Honestly if I was running Sportsman ET I probably would not want to step up to run Super Street either. Unfortunately it is a huge cost difference to go from brackets to Super Street and be competitive. And even if you decide to step up to SS and you are running high 11's, it is a whole different ball game to jump up to where Aaron, Rob, Nathan, and Jeff are at.

Exactly!!!!!!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I think that this is the best route, it's a very big step to go from brackets like we race to ss. As much as I would like to run heads up over bracket I just can't see a slower heads up class that won't turn into index racing. Keep the rules simple, no need to make the restrictions like sled pulling, keep the run what you brung attitude in ss, all out full body truck with weight and tire restrictions. :tree:

Its hard to compete with 9 sec trucks on a private budget but if you want to win I guess you got to drop cash. Luckily around here there's lots of events to attend that a 11-12sec truck can have a chance in. Street Legals, 100ft shootouts, dyno challenges, drag days, and racing/pulling at other events. You can still have fun without have 30000-40000 in your truck.

Last edited:
Just imagine closing in on the finish line and having an 11.0 truck flying by! You'll be looking back, thinking "there is NO way he's gonna catch me", and whooosssshhhh... I screwed up and gave back the win light to IdahoRob down in Bakersfield last year, mis-judging the finish line like that.

I thought you just had trouble with dark colored Duramaxes in general.. :poke:

I Dissagree I think it would draw more people and be the second largest class of racers.

Wonder where Pat came up with that number? :evil Don't have to worry about Max'd Out, we're moving up to Prostreet, we can't afford to build another truck.:badidea:

Adding a ET restriction would definatly give the average ss truck more of a chance.

Adding an ET restriction would be the same as an Index class which in my opinion wil work for maybe a year then it would die out, where would the drive be to see where we can push our trucks to?

If SS was indexed would max'd out have pushed their truck truck as hard as they did? I know we wouldn't have.

SS made the sport what it is today it gives the crowd something to watch

We are close, every time we think we have it, we find something that we are not sure on ..... understand that this is a daily evolution and we are doing our best to get it finalized and out to the "troops" asap.

I thought you just had trouble with dark colored Duramaxes in general.. :poke:

Yup, I did the same thing with you (in Spokane IIRC), and with Chantelle in Billings. Those damn "quicker than they look" dark colored Duramaxes are the bane of my racing existence!

Back