Garmon Takes The Redneck Nats!

Robertp said:
hate to burst you bubble here greg but we are in the sevens also. on fuel only. 7.851 to be exact.

what was it that your running on fuel only again?

Whats it matter? Run whatcha brung buddy:rockwoot:

When you get in the low 7's.....let me know:poke:

It was a GREAT time, until I got put out in the 3rd round brackets by .08 seconds! Dialed 9.90, went 9.92, and still got put down! SUCK!!! Ya'll missed a good one if you couldn't make it.

Congrats to Jeff and to everyone else!!!!! Any videos??? I'm still cussin' my truck because I couldn't make it. I drove to Macon friday night to stay at my parents house so it would have been a shorter drive for me since I live in Athens, but my truck said he didn't want to go.

To bad i did not get to make it but sounds like good numbers and alot of fun. Congrats to Jeff for winning and Daren for being runner up, but that is okay i got 1st place in Jackson at a barrel race and got payed to

Robert, lot of difference between 7.8 and 7.08.

I've been both and to say its a world of difference is an understatement.

But congrats on your 7.8

And even bigger congrats to Jeff on the holeshot. Glad to see a good showing with minimal carnage.

~Wes~

It was a good weekend..I took 200+ pictures. The racing was great and a lot of good racers got taken out early.

The race between Jeff and Darrin was great.

The sheer number of Street trucks on hand was amazing, but then again there was some good money on hand.

CONGRATULATIONS to Jeff, Darren and all the guys who did so well at the event!:rockwoot: Some real good times there.

--------
John_P

Ok, I'm a real newb and its going to be completely obvious after you read my question but what is a "win on the holeshot"?

Approximately what is a high 6 or low 7 in the 1/8th translate into in the 1/4?

Sounds like it was a good showing. I used to not care a lot for the drag racing but I'm slowly getting reeled in. :D I'm a gung-ho truck pulling fan but man there is a LOAD of BS associated with it and the rules and everything that doesn't seem to be as apparent in the racing, at least not until the upper classes. Which actually seems to be the opposite in pulling where the upper class pullers all seem to get a long for the most part.

C-ya

Basiaclly a Holeshot win means you won because you reacted to the green faster than the guy in the other lane who ran a better E/T than you. Id say mid sixes and 7.0xx equate to mid 10's to 11.0x's

Timbeaux38 said:
Basiaclly a Holeshot win means you won because you reacted to the green faster than the guy in the other lane who ran a better E/T than you. Id say mid sixes and 7.0xx equate to mid 10's to 11.0x's

Also, wasn't Darren and maybe others running a 6.6X at this track last year? If so were track conditions 'off' this year?

Just a thought...and I have those videos from last year somewhere...

On edit: the first video I found was Garmon running 6.96.

To view Albany 2006 go to the videos forum on this site and type Albany in the search feature.

Last edited:
TooMuchBoost said:
Also, wasn't Darren and maybe others running a 6.6X at this track last year? If so were track conditions 'off' this year?

Just a thought...and I have those videos from last year somewhere...

i was thinking this also. weather conditions were about the same im guessing? did it rain on sat there this year? just seems like they were slower this year...

Back