General waste of my time

Ahh turbo's. I'm just guessing but with these injectors he is sending me, pretty sure I am going to be short on air?

Depends on who you talk to. Some guys will tell you smaller is better but the pullers that win usually run larger than what is allowed in their class.

Watch this video and you can see the ones that the smoke can’t get out of the stacks fast enough also don’t do very well.
Semi Truck Pulls! 2018 Mount Pleasant Pull - YouTube

And would someone please roll that god awful diesel freak truck off a mountain to help the way it looks!

I am really surprised that nobody has took the time to comment on how much of a waste of my time this project really is. I mean considering I have a 7cz and a bxs that both already have 46k lb full locking rears. Here I am messing with a bc4 that only has a power divider.

Back to turbos. In the name of keeping this thing cheap I would like to make use of the junk I have laying around. With the ht4 would it be a complete waste of time to make the plumbing for 2 of my ht3 as atmosphere?

I sent think anybody around here has much room to talk about wasting time and money lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You can run the turbo that is on the engine you pictured out on the ground, don’t really have much choice.

so running the ht4 by itself will be better than using it on the manifold and feeding it with 2 of the ht3's? or just not enough difference to justify all the plumbing work to get 3 turbos under the hood?

If wanting to do something silly it’s best just to try and switch to standard rotation chargers.

The HT4 won’t take the abuse of being a high pressure charger for long.

I am turbo stupid. Talked to a local shop that converts acerts to singles. I told them I would be more than happy to take any said turbo's off their hands. They told me they usually just junk them. So how do they compare to the stock 7cz turbo? or the ht4?

Direction my mind is going - Put acert setup on the c16 and use stock c16 turbo somehow on the big cam.

C16 turbo has a huge turbine housing. You could get the smaller housing and make it a "stage 1". Also tell those guys that I'll pay shipping on all those junk acert turbos.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If wanting to do something silly it’s best just to try and switch to standard rotation chargers.

The HT4 won’t take the abuse of being a high pressure charger for long.

How so? Compounding over a manifold turbo will lower it's shaft speed. Or will the compressor housing not handle much pressure?

I would be interested in a set of these “junk” Acert turbos. Call me if you care to, please. Two70-855-946eight. Thanks!

Well yesterday I got the injectors and ht4 installed along with the 1 1/4" pump. Truck was running amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByYVHCxNQAw

Today I was running the truck trying to get things dialed in. Needless to say I am in a bit more of a rush for a turbo setup now.

CzxaPZ8.jpg

I might not know much about turbos but a broken shaft doesn't seem very efficient.

Well yesterday I got the injectors and ht4 installed along with the 1 1/4" pump. Truck was running amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByYVHCxNQAw

Today I was running the truck trying to get things dialed in. Needless to say I am in a bit more of a rush for a turbo setup now.

CzxaPZ8.jpg

I might not know much about turbos but a broken shaft doesn't seem very efficient.

It’s odd to see them break the shaft, I have abused the crap out of mine, they have been hard on bearings but nothing else.

Sorry to hear that.

Back