girdle and main studs?

girdle

smokem, is the p/n you gave out the same as the standard girdle part from bobcat?

bobcat, is there any way around using the a1 studs i all ready have my 24v drilled and tapped for the arp 14mm. is there enough stud to use the girdle that ties the mains in with the arp's?

feelmecummin said:
:hehe: LOL :hehe: LOL :hehe:

The "mastermind" also claims boost psi over 60 on a CR requires 14mm head studs.

I don't think they even deal with 12mm. Scheids knowledge and diesel records are definitely not something to laugh at but, you gotta wonder about why they do the things they do sometimes.

triton said:
Scheids 12v knowledge and diesel records are definitely not something to laugh at but, you gotta wonder about why they do the things they do sometimes.

let me make a correction for you..:Cheer:

Last edited:
BenM,

That part # is for a block stiffner plate from cummins. Other vendors take the part and mod it to go over the main caps.

triton said:
well, one day I may see the affect of it because I'm not quite sure it was done but, when Scheid built my engine, they removed the gridle. I wanted to go with something more stout but, they told me the main studs wouldn't fit with it in there. I used A1 14mm.

The standard girdle will fit with the A1 14mm studs, though you need to drill holes in the girdle for the ends of the main studs to stick through.

BenM said:
smokem, is the p/n you gave out the same as the standard girdle part from bobcat?

bobcat, is there any way around using the a1 studs i all ready have my 24v drilled and tapped for the arp 14mm. is there enough stud to use the girdle that ties the mains in with the arp's?

You can use the standard girdle without using the XL main studs, you just have to drill holes in the girdle to allow the protrusion of the main stud.

The longer stud is required when using the modified girdle we offer that offers integration of the main studs & girdle together.

Bobcat698 said:
The longer stud is required when using the modified girdle we offer that offers integration of the main studs & girdle together.
So the ARP 14mm mains he will be using are not long enough for use with the modified girdle?......and I assume the XL Haisley studs are the only ones available for use with the modified girdle?

Joe

When you drill the girdle to clear 14mm studs, there isn't much material left on the sides of the holes. I added material in all these areas.

Here you can see how much more the 14s protrude than a stock bolt.

DSC01668.jpg

Last edited:
Back