God help me, fixing a 1/2 ton Cummins swap cluster&?@$...

Gauge is mounted on the lower left hand side of the dash by the hood latch. The truck in the thread is mine btw, I traded a broke pos powerstroke for it

That's about how far mine reached till I moved it to the rear of the head. Good luck with it. Hopefully you can get all the issues worked out.

Wow. That looks really nice. I can't believe someone got paid to do that. Hopefully the person doing it now works at Wal-Mart....on the night shift.

We will, I may pull the harness, ecm and dash cluster out of my truck to see if everything will work on his ok...

\
Also a 80s Ford external regulator for the alternator will work (maybe the same as the dodge unit from NAPA). There are two studs that stick out of the driver foot well area in the engine bay that are the exact width of the mounting holes of the regulator. I put mine there and ran the field and 12v wires across the back of the core support.
\.

The ford regulator seems to work way better in a second gen than the mopar style. I put a mopar style regulator on our 2001 service truck at the farm, it would randomly run away to 16+ volts, swapped regulators out, same thing. Finally swapped to the ford regulator that uses ignition power just to turn it on, and has the separate sense lead at the alternator, problem solved!

The ford regulator seems to work way better in a second gen than the mopar style. I put a mopar style regulator on our 2001 service truck at the farm, it would randomly run away to 16+ volts, swapped regulators out, same thing. Finally swapped to the ford regulator that uses ignition power just to turn it on, and has the separate sense lead at the alternator, problem solved!

Good to know. My Ford unit holds at 14.3v on the dot, all the time. Pretty sweet deal for under $10.

Put the truck back together after running new fuel line and plumbing the AFC in and it's a totally different animal. A ton of low end fueling though, kinda feel like a douche in traffic

I wouldn't hook anything of use to it for fear that there is actually something wired incorrectly.

Monkey Fist Rage

I'm putting all aftermarket gauges in my truck so I dont care what happens to my gauge cluster.

The truck is flat lining at stock rpm cause of the big turbo. Once we get some 4k springs in it it will run better...

Back