GoGoDiesel Stage 1 Offroad Intake Manifold

My guess would be the biggest notice would be in a drop in egt's and quicker spool-up, an increase in rwhp would be a secondary benefit. That's just a wag though, Doug would be the one to better answer that when things settle down around him.

Doug has ben busy with his lady lately. I don't think he's done any testing at all. They have been in Mo for the last couple of weeks pretty much living at the hospital.
He's on his way back to Florida tonight but I'd imagine Deb will be more important than his intake for a while.

holy chit doug, hope everything is working out positively. my prayers and best wishes are with ya man.

Went back to the flow bench. Machined the floors of the manifold. Recentered all of the port geometry to match the gasket. Since the manifolds are cast, the only thing that is actually accurate to the cylinder head is the bolt holes since they are machined after the casting. Every set of holes now matches the gasket diameter.

The holes are no larger at the bottom than before. They are however tapered now. Was able to run the cnc machine all the way to the back ports. There wasn't enough room to run a radius tool around the edges since we left the bolts long enough to ensure that even if it backed out of the head it could not get pulled out of the hole and sucked into the engine.

At 28 inches of water. The stock manifold would flow 159cfm at cylinder number 8. At cylinder number 6 it would flow just under 170cfm. Removeing the insides and tapering the ports with no radiusing. Cylinder number 8 now flows 247cfm and cylinder number 6 flows 242 cfm. At 88CFM thats a 55% increase to the rear most cylinder. The rear cylinder tends to flow better since the incoming air is helped out by the rear wall of the intake.

Installed the manifold onto 4x4Freak's truck last night to see what the changes would be. He went on a drive and came back to report on some 0-100mph runs it had shaved about 150 degrees off the EGTs.

Here is a pic of the floor being machined and the machine just finished the taper on a set of holes.

picture.php

This intake is BADASS! Engine response is greatly increased, less turbo lag and about 100*-150* off EGTs on 0-100mph runs. The improvement in power is most felt throughout the entire rpm range and part throttle to WOT. Money well spent.

also, just out of curiosity, what kind of condition was the stock manifold that was flowed?

The manifold was cleaned by the owner of the flowbench. His words to me were "I wasn't gonna let any dirt from that thing go through my machine." I wanted to compare a really dirty one, but he wouldn't let me.

Well, after looking at the numbers, and talking to Doug for nearly 2 years on this intake, Doug and I decided it was time to put one on my Ranger. Originally I was running a FCDP intake with an EGR delete. Its a nice piece and I was more than happy to have it on the Ranger, but the simple fact that its a 55% increase in airflow can't be overlooked. With all I have done to the heads and this engine, I would be an idiot, (more of one than most think I am anyway), not to run Dougs intake. Looking forward to seeing how it performs on the truck.

The manifold was cleaned by the owner of the flowbench. His words to me were "I wasn't gonna let any dirt from that thing go through my machine." I wanted to compare a really dirty one, but he wouldn't let me.

If you are gaining 55% from a CLEAN stock manifold, imagine the gains from one with about 100k on it!

Back