Going P-Pump........

Turbonetics TQ

Turbonetics Turbochargers
I have a FASS 150 on my 24v which was set up for the VP-44 and was wondering If I was able to convert it to a higher pressure model to support the P-Pump?

Also Is there a good pick-up tube kit to use the stock fuel slosh container in the tank. I currently have a 3/8" Line Going to the bottom of the tank and I would like to be able to run below 1/4 tank and not have fuel pressure problems.

Thanks

I have a FASS 150 on my 24v which was set up for the VP-44 and was wondering If I was able to convert it to a higher pressure model to support the P-Pump?

Also Is there a good pick-up tube kit to use the stock fuel slosh container in the tank. I currently have a 3/8" Line Going to the bottom of the tank and I would like to be able to run below 1/4 tank and not have fuel pressure problems.

Thanks

WELP...if you have a 150 GPH unit...you are going to have to upgrade to the larger motor to support the volume and pressure at the same time. I assume that since you are going to P-Pump...you HP goals are going to be pretty high. SO with that being said...i would suggest the 200 GPH pump head. This will push the volume and pressure you are looking for.

Following is part numbers needed for a 150 series FASS conversion:

RP-1003 (200 GPH pump head): 325.00 + 50.00 Core
PS-1013 Spring (45 PSI spring): 3.00
STK-1001 (Suction Tube Kit): 39.00

As for the draw tube, i dont know of one yet that you can use your stock sending unit and a 200 GPH pump. The only way I see that working is to put the STK in the sending unit. Then route the FASS return into the sending unit as well via another bulkhead fitting. If you are returning the fuel you are sucking out, it should balance. I would put the FASS return near the bottom to avoid agitation.

WELP...if you have a 150 GPH unit...you are going to have to upgrade to the larger motor to support the volume and pressure at the same time. I assume that since you are going to P-Pump...you HP goals are going to be pretty high. SO with that being said...i would suggest the 200 GPH pump head. This will push the volume and pressure you are looking for.

Following is part numbers needed for a 150 series FASS conversion:

RP-1003 (200 GPH pump head): 325.00 + 50.00 Core
PS-1013 Spring (45 PSI spring): 3.00
STK-1001 (Suction Tube Kit): 39.00

As for the draw tube, i dont know of one yet that you can use your stock sending unit and a 200 GPH pump. The only way I see that working is to put the STK in the sending unit. Then route the FASS return into the sending unit as well via another bulkhead fitting. If you are returning the fuel you are sucking out, it should balance. I would put the FASS return near the bottom to avoid agitation.

That is my setup, I took the vent off the tank, put my pickup in the vent hole. Ran my regulator return from the pump and injectors, into one return. Let the Fass run return run into another. Then I also drilled about 6 3/8" holes in the container in the tank, about 1/4 of the way up. That way it can keep that area full. I have a led light on my fuel pressure gage, that goes off below 25 psi. I have never seen it go off.

it seems like the 150 would be just fine for a P-pump...

the factory 12v lift pump will support ~600rwhp :confused:

Your right....150 GPH is plenty for a hot P-pump. The issue is motor amperage due to pressure. The ONLY differance between the 150 GPH pump and the 200 GPH pump is the motor. We use the EM-1002 motor that has more torque and higher amp rating so it can push the volume and pressure needed to make the P-Pump happy.

You could also take a 95GPH pump up to 45 PSI...but you might notice that pressure drops under load due to the limited volume.....

Back