GOT EGT's???

If it was my truck I am not sure I would try high timing and lots of nitrous. I would estimate high timing is good when dealing with slow as hell burning diesel fuel only and trying to turn rpms. With nitrous the burn rate increases super fast so far as my inexperienced brain comprehends so the timing is not needed for good use of all of the fuel; therefore, there is no need for the added stress on parts via high timing when hitting it with the juice. I would agree probably multiple culprits at play there.

So here's what I'm planning on doing.

Bigger exhaust wheel.
Pull the full cuts
Leave the nitrous.

If you shim the delivery valve springs in the injection pump, the full cuts will not dribble as much late fuel. I don't think this will help your nitrous fed 12 valve situation, but it will make the injection event more crisp.

I think that he's implying that if your shorten your Fuel Injection Duration, you'll have too much atomization from the Nitrous...

If you shim the delivery valve springs in the injection pump, the full cuts will not dribble as much late fuel. I don't think this will help your nitrous fed 12 valve situation, but it will make the injection event more crisp.

Where did you get the shims Will?

Ok. Yea this truck makes no smoke after the 60ft

Clean is cool and all, but look at all the Clean running CR's melting down. That heat from "efficient" combustion goes somewhere. CR's put it in the pistons, 12v's will push flames clear out the stack and melt chargers (depending on timing, of course;))

Chris

Well I can't think of how to add any more fuel with this pump.
What's gonna be better?

Same fuel less nitrous?
Less fuel same nitrous?

I've also got a 188/220 cam to swap out with my Pdr towing cam. And gonna make the 66 a 66/74 instead of 66/65.

If I pull fuel and leave nitrous it will still burn clean so that will leave me in the same place right?

Well I can't think of how to add any more fuel with this pump.
What's gonna be better?

Same fuel less nitrous?
Less fuel same nitrous?

I've also got a 188/220 cam to swap out with my Pdr towing cam. And gonna make the 66 a 66/74 instead of 66/65.

If I pull fuel and leave nitrous it will still burn clean so that will leave me in the same place right?

Not exactly...less fuel should still burn cooler, since you are taking fuel away.

Might try pulling some fuel out, then maybe even pull some nitrous out, and see what happens. The bigger turbine could make a nice difference in airflow, and less nitrous might be better?

Chris

Damn. Another case of smoke free nitrous burning chit up is the NX mustang at the Texas Mile in 09. Clean exhaust and a lot of nitrous burnt the head slap up. Like a 5 year old took a cutting torch to it. Look at Robinson and Scheid, they smoke like trains all the way down the track. They're using excess fuel to cool things down. But a 74 tw and an external gate cant hurt.

How much timing are you running? What size injectors? How many CC's?

I don't think a clean burning 12 valve on nitrous is a bad thing.

So is my motor a freak of nature? Burns cleaner than Scotts with a crap load of nitorus too. Been running like that for years.

max i dont think they are saying clean is bad, just how much fuel im cleaning up is bad.
you are what, 550-650 hp with spray? i think im throwing alot more fuel with similar air mods and have just enough nitorus to clean it up. if i threw more nitrous it might start cooling it off. idk.

Back