GOT EGT's???

Well all I know is that on the old setup it dynoed 749 on the same nitrous kit. On this setup it ran 2 10ths faster than what it use to. This is assuming the dyno numbers are right. Truck is heavier than 4500.

I had a secondary turbo exhaust housing look the same way. I think it was caused by a spacer that was undivided.

riles pm'd me something along that line. anyroom for heat to expand is no bueno!

riles pm'd me something along that line. anyroom for heat to expand is no bueno!

I think it's pretty common. My primary is still mint considering the amount of metal that was dissolved (looks like yours). I think it melts away and has no ill effect on the primary.

really? cuz i have an undivided spacer in it right now

oops :eek:

we used to burn out the divider on our natural gas 8.3 Cummins units... not as bad as yours, but they would eat them up.

for SOME REASON Cummins was putting undivided gaskets on them

I started putting divided gaskets on my units, and they quit torching the dividers

i know my egt's were atleast 1876, cuz my gauge stops at 1875. so im not gonna write it off on the divider just yet. lol.

but whats the chance that putting a divided spacer, and upgrading my 66/65 to a 66/74 will solve my problems

Oh sure Max you just had to use that video LOL

HAHA. That is the only pass on these injectors on tape and it is the cleanest the truck has ever ran. Glad HRD has a pump stand cause I need MOFUEL

i know my egt's were atleast 1876, cuz my gauge stops at 1875. so im not gonna write it off on the divider just yet. lol.

but whats the chance that putting a divided spacer, and upgrading my 66/65 to a 66/74 will solve my problems

I would say fairly high...

once you get a hot spot started, it all goes to hell... like using a cutting torch... you sit there and heat and heat and heat until you get that first little spark started and then all hell breaks loose!

Forgive me for not understanding turbo's very well, but how does a bigger wheel help EGT's? (Unless you are talking about just moving more air to drop EGT's, then I get it.)

That divided spacer theory has some weight to it. Is it easier to torch a hole in the center of a piece of flat steel or on the edge? That undivided spacer with a divided housing is presenting an edge to start the burn like Forrest said. Interesting. And I've seen a lot of twin kits that put an undived there to save a little coin.

Forgive me for not understanding turbo's very well, but how does a bigger wheel help EGT's? (Unless you are talking about just moving more air to drop EGT's, then I get it.)

By lowering drive pressure at the secondary, and allowing the primary to handle more of the load.

Your worried about spool yet want to run a 73 turbine? Blade contour is shared between the wheel you had and want along with the 71. The 71 will produce the lowest drive out of the wheels listed and is the wheel I would reccomend since you like the dope.

Your worried about spool yet want to run a 73 turbine? Blade contour is shared between the wheel you had and want along with the 71. The 71 will produce the lowest drive out of the wheels listed and is the wheel I would reccomend since you like the dope.

No way I would go with a 71 wheel over a 73/74 on a nitrous fed truck....more air out is always mo betta!

Chris

No way I would go with a 71 wheel over a 73/74 on a nitrous fed truck....more air out is always mo betta!

Chris

Larger exducer doesn't always mean more air out, especially on the bottle. The blade pitch is just much more aggressive on the 74 than the 71, the 71 likes the bottle. If the 74 wheel flows so well, why do so many companies have to clip them? I say 71, just my opinion though. Less aggresive pitch, much more open, can handle the flow and pressure a nitrous truck needs and creates.

Last edited:
Back