Got her dropped!

how big was the block you pulled in the back? i'm outside looking at mine and guesstimating them at 5ish inches

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

I pulled the stock one, I believe it was 4.75, but don't quote me, it was no smaller than 4.5 though. But because of my shackle flip and 1" block, I'm only at 1-2" drop in the rear.

Which reminds me, I was going to cut down my shackles, shorten them, and brace them back together this week. But now I don't know if i want to lower the rear level with the front or not.

ok. i appreciate your help. one more question. i dont know much in the way of suspension. how far can i drop the front before i have to start modifying?

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

About 3inches before stuff starts getting close, and the control arms need shortening. If you don't do control arms the caster will be so far off you'll never wanna drive your truck over 5mph again.

How are those really long traction bars working out?

They seem to be working great. The few times it does spin I don't get any hop or anything, and you can feel/hear them load up when you start to brake boost. They're a little clanky on bumps and stuff, but it's nothing too bad.

Not that I've noticed. I want to get a few more experienced people to drive it around for a bit, and get their take on it though. Hopefully within the next couple weeks I'll have 3-4 more good opinions to go off for this, and my performance related issues.

Shootinblankz just threw some old cut down springs of mine in, and dropped the front 3", with 2" to go to the bumpstop. No clearance issues or anything.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

only issue is trying to get the damn thing to sit level and not look like Im smuggling the rest of my family in the bed. Im getting pulled over for sure now.

For the record, those half ton springs finally settled, and I'm left with a quarter inch of clearance for the bump stops, which also means I'm over 6 inch drop now. I'm either finding a way to make them smaller or adding some short spacers.

Are they near coil bind? If not you could use some cheap rubber spacers from the Vato Zone. I use them in the back of the Chevelle, adds about an inch on it for those rare times I have someone in the back seat.

Are they near coil bind? If not you could use some cheap rubber spacers from the Vato Zone. I use them in the back of the Chevelle, adds about an inch on it for those rare times I have someone in the back seat.

Nope. What are these spacers? I was gonna use steel ones, but I'd rather modify the Bump stops so i can keep it this low.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Basically the same thing they use as 'wedge' in NASCRAP, it is a hard rubber spacer, you can use it to block part of or a full two coils together, it will raise it slightly.

I cram it in the Chevelle and get about 1/2" lift and it keeps the added weight of peeps from letting the tires rub. Apples and oranges I know.

Basically the same thing they use as 'wedge' in NASCRAP, it is a hard rubber spacer, you can use it to block part of or a full two coils together, it will raise it slightly.

I cram it in the Chevelle and get about 1/2" lift and it keeps the added weight of peeps from letting the tires rub. Apples and oranges I know.

Oh, ok, so it actually goes IN the spring. Never seen that before.

At its lowest point, with sport bumper. Grill still needs paint.

upload_100000D666A071_2012.12.12%252C20%253A07%253A14%252C360_8FC7F1E2.jpg

upload_100000D666A071_2012.12.12%252C20%253A09%253A10%252C416_109D4B5D.jpg

Back