Hardcore 6.4 Parts

i wouldnt say all of them are unique there are some guys with unique setups i see alot of trucks with pretty much the same setups. but what im sayin unique wise is you dont see alot of powerstrokes done up with alot of power so when you see one its unique and different.

That would be very unique :hehe: and thats exactly what im talkin about thats somethin you would stop and be like hell yeah i wanna see that run!

you know why there isn't a lot of Fords "done up" with a lot of power right? Come on it isn't THAT difficult to figure out. Ford trucks do outsell the others you know.

hahahahaha..... you dont farm do you? Its called doing your own work and not paying somebody else to build your truck for you....... Made of money...... I could be made of money if you want to send me the money to pay my farm payment on December 31st every year:Cheer:

yes... we all send our trucks out to shops and have the work done.. You're just not catching on too quickly are you?

yes... we all send our trucks out to shops and have the work done.. You're just not catching on too quickly are you?

I've caught on... just dont like being told I have too much money... Thats why I like this site, guys usually know what their talking about because they built their truck not some shop:Cheer: I've owned my 03 for around 4 years to get it to this point, woulda got there alot faster but sometimes ya gotta pay the farm payments before ya can play lol. I can take the chit thats laid out on here... makes for a good time IMHO:poke: Calm down and just go with the flow

Man is the guy on here still making the " hardcore 6.4 parts " or did this become a big 3 diesel war? LOL

fords out sell yes

because the chevy's drive the nicest... but the front ends fall apart and they have a pretty sweet interior

dodge has best motor with least fancy trim interior's amd the trucks tend to need a mechanicallly inclined person to maintain them.

Ford's have the best interiors with the most problematic powertrain (mostly motors) and a solid axle coil sprung front end that actually rides pretty smooth compared to most dodges... (unless someone put money into the suspension)

there you go..... most of the guys buying fords are either complete loyalists, or they want the best of both worlds.... a fancy looking interior, with a decently strong front end that rides nice, and a motor they can chip. then flip the truck every 3 years... least thats how it is up here in canada... all these oilfield boys that have to pretend their sh^t is hot, driving the newest of the new, with a chip and 35" tires.... that don't even know how to maintain their trucks... or just plain don't care. then buy new in 3 years.

Most of the guys that maintain there trucks, and plan on keeping them for a long time are driving 12v dodges (like me, 279,xxx miles on the clock driving 12/15 hrs to work for 2 weeks then back home).

simply cuz they are million mile engines and it is proven.

that is the oposite end of the scale from the make power/ pullin end of it.... but sumbody brought up why fords sell...

Ford also deals with the police in canada as well as most of the oilfield companies using them as company vehicles and crew trucks, tthat get rotated out @ around 150,000km like i said.... new truck every 3 years, or just enough km that it looks like it was used lightly.... not having the ever living piss beaten out of it by guys like me workin on the rigs doing 100km/h down the roughest gravel road on the face of the earth.

NEVER BUY A WHITE TRUCK IN ALBERTA THAT HAS AROUND 120,000 TO 150,000 KM

And chris..... how much:evil

Don't even know what it's worth...and it would need gone through...so I'd say the price is negotiable:evil

Of course I have a Deutz 819CID V8 sitting here ready to go in, and a whole barn full of Sisu's with inline pumps ;)

Chris

Don't even know what it's worth...and it would need gone through...so I'd say the price is negotiable:evil

Of course I have a Deutz 819CID V8 sitting here ready to go in, and a whole barn full of Sisu's with inline pumps ;)

Chris

and to think we used to think we had alot of stuff laying around....:shake:

fords out sell yes

because the chevy's drive the nicest... but the front ends fall apart and they have a pretty sweet interior

dodge has best motor with least fancy trim interior's amd the trucks tend to need a mechanicallly inclined person to maintain them.

Ford's have the best interiors with the most problematic powertrain (mostly motors) and a solid axle coil sprung front end that actually rides pretty smooth compared to most dodges... (unless someone put money into the suspension)

there you go..... most of the guys buying fords are either complete loyalists, or they want the best of both worlds.... a fancy looking interior, with a decently strong front end that rides nice, and a motor they can chip. then flip the truck every 3 years... least thats how it is up here in canada... all these oilfield boys that have to pretend their sh^t is hot, driving the newest of the new, with a chip and 35" tires.... that don't even know how to maintain their trucks... or just plain don't care. then buy new in 3 years.

Most of the guys that maintain there trucks, and plan on keeping them for a long time are driving 12v dodges (like me, 279,xxx miles on the clock driving 12/15 hrs to work for 2 weeks then back home).

simply cuz they are million mile engines and it is proven.

that is the oposite end of the scale from the make power/ pullin end of it.... but sumbody brought up why fords sell...

Ford also deals with the police in canada as well as most of the oilfield companies using them as company vehicles and crew trucks, tthat get rotated out @ around 150,000km like i said.... new truck every 3 years, or just enough km that it looks like it was used lightly.... not having the ever living piss beaten out of it by guys like me workin on the rigs doing 100km/h down the roughest gravel road on the face of the earth.

NEVER BUY A WHITE TRUCK IN ALBERTA THAT HAS AROUND 120,000 TO 150,000 KM

:hehe: ford gets one bad motor and all of a sudden there all bad? ive seen countless 7.3's with over 300,000 miles on em mostly construction and landscape trucks.

LMFAO one 12V gets in diesel power for havin a million miles and all of a sudden all of them can do it thats awesome.

And thats exactly why they use fords cause guys from halliburton, shclumberger, BJ, and pretty much every company that provides a truck beats the ever loving sh!t out of them im not surprised one bit when they go in the shops between all the idling for a 12 hour shift and then like you said drivin 80+ mph on some of the worst roads out there! and who knows how well they maintain them.

Ensign doesnt provide me with a truck so i have to use my own and it takes all the abuse i give it. but i also properly maintain my truck.

:hehe: ford gets one bad motor and all of a sudden there all bad? ive seen countless 7.3's with over 300,000 miles on em mostly construction and landscape trucks. How many injectors were replaced in that frame.

LMFAO one 12V gets in diesel power for havin a million miles and all of a sudden all of them can do it thats awesome. FYI:Cummin's has a million mile club. There are many 12v with over a million miles.

And thats exactly why they use fords cause guys from halliburton, shclumberger, BJ, and pretty much every company that provides a truck beats the ever loving sh!t out of them im not surprised one bit when they go in the shops between all the idling for a 12 hour shift and then like you said drivin 80+ mph on some of the worst roads out there! and who knows how well they maintain them.

Ensign doesnt provide me with a truck so i have to use my own and it takes all the abuse i give it. but i also properly maintain my truck.

Are you kidding me... 7.3 Powdered Metal forgings for connecting rods. Heui injection which worked better for Cat. As far as Halliburton, Schlumberger, BJ, Patterson, Noble, Precision,Nabors using Ford's. It wouldn't have anything to do with Huge fleet discounts, Nah.

Are you kidding me... 7.3 Powdered Metal forgings for connecting rods. Heui injection which worked better for Cat. As far as Halliburton, Schlumberger, BJ, Patterson, Noble, Precision,Nabors using Ford's. It wouldn't have anything to do with Huge fleet discounts, Nah.

the 7.3 only had PMR's From late 01-03 and they can hold up to 450 hp so im not seein the problem if a guy wants a good work truck with maybe a chip and bigger turbo? and if that guy wants over 450 maybe he should pick one of the other 6 years they produced the motor with forged rods.

who cares! so they get a deal a sale is a sale why doesnt GM or Dodge go talk them into buyin there trucks they arent bound to ford and im sure GM or Dodge could get them a better deal seein how i could go pick up a new dodge for about 10k less than a ford! And actually i think BJ uses mainly chevy thats what i see them drivin anyway!

the 7.3 only had PMR's From late 01-03 and they can hold up to 450 hp so im not seein the problem if a guy wants a good work truck with maybe a chip and bigger turbo? and if that guy wants over 450 maybe he should pick one of the other 6 years they produced the motor with forged rods.

who cares! so they get a deal a sale is a sale why doesnt GM or Dodge go talk them into buyin there trucks they arent bound to ford and im sure GM or Dodge could get them a better deal seein how i could go pick up a new dodge for about 10k less than a ford! And actually i think BJ uses mainly chevy thats what i see them drivin anyway!

Obviously you do sport!!! Do you think for a second that large Corps purchasing dept's, Don't solicit bid's LOL. G'ment just purchased 7,924 blue ovals @ $16,280 per, Gm 6,348 @ $16,540 per, Fiatsyler 2,933 @ 18,070 per. Who is the clear monetary winner. Case Closed :hehe:. Your right, Quality is Job One :Cheer:.

Obviously you do sport!!! Do you think for a second that large Corps purchasing dept's, Don't solicit bid's LOL. G'ment just purchased 7,924 blue ovals @ $16,280 per, Gm 6,348 @ $16,540 per, Fiatsyler 2,933 @ 18,070 per. Who is the clear monetary winner. Case Closed :hehe:. Your right, Quality is Job One :Cheer:.

Quality is job one at ford dont you watch the commercials they are Ford Tough too! :hehe::hehe:

Fiatsyler!! :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: i like that one

By the way i cant find anything on that million mile club just that one truck? is there somewhere i can see this list?

:hehe: ford gets one bad motor and all of a sudden there all bad? ive seen countless 7.3's with over 300,000 miles on em mostly construction and landscape trucks.

LMFAO one 12V gets in diesel power for havin a million miles and all of a sudden all of them can do it thats awesome.

I have seen many more 7.3 with 300,000 plus on them then dodges, how many late 80s and early 90s dodges do you see still driven around, where im from you can drive for hours before you see one, you see late 80s early 90s fords and chevys every day

I have seen many more 7.3 with 300,000 plus on them then dodges, how many late 80s and early 90s dodges do you see still driven around, where im from you can drive for hours before you see one, you see late 80s early 90s fords and chevys every day

yeah i know what you mean haha i see a few first gen cummins dodges but tryin to find one that isnt rusted out is a very hard find :hehe: they seem to be gettin popular out here though for kids in high school that and the obs powerstrokes

For the OP, consider this:

Look at this whole thing though 1968 NHRA eyes.

The 5.9/6.7 B series is the 426 Hemi. Powerful, plentiful, well used in the motor sport community.

The 6.4 is the 427 SOHC. New, very little aftermarket support, yet very powerful for what it has.

Lets see, there are 3000 Hemi's being used in competition nation wide. Then you have 200 SOHC's.

Purely from a business stand point I would do the hemi (5.9). High demand, larger market share, more well known. Use them to cover your R&D, will also be more helpful later.

Develop the 6.4 after, by then the trucks will be cheaper and more people will be in them heavily.

Get you torches ready but why not make a set for the 6.0? They have crappy flow on stock heads, there is a nice high flow intake currently made and there are a lot of the trucks in service lots coming out of warranty. The heads a lot of times get warped and if the price could be in the right range I would imagine it would be a easy sell to the average guy and even the competetion minded guys. The blocks between the 6.4 and 6.0 are similar and if both engines had after market parts avalible it could seemingly cut costs. Also If some one could figure out how to mass produce a stand alone ecm and intake setup to make older engines common rail similar to the dodge 5.9 or ford 6.4 it would be profitable as well. More or less like the tbi kits with gassers.

A stock cummins 12v making a million miles is possibe yes. The bottom end or even the long block at stock power levels yes. Now just adding fuel and changing fluids and filters a complete motor with every component making a million miles I'd call a fluke. From what I have gathered the 12v blows head gaskets at the same hp levels a 6.0 does. Not saying the 6.0 is any better just point out what I see.

Back