Has anyone corner scaled a rcsb?

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
I'm really curious about the weight bias on a rcsb.
I'm gonna put as much stuff as I can behind the rear axle but that's not much more than the batteries and a 20 gallon fuel cell under the bed.
The weight bias is still gonna be horribly off to the front.
I can see hanging quite a bit of lead behind the axle to even this crap out some.

Has anyone ever weighed one front vs rear axle or all 4 corners ?

I'm not really even concerned with it from a drag racing perspective...more of a high speed stability perspective. If I have to hang 500 lbs of lead in back I will. I have no delusions of 50/50 but 60/40 may be possible.

If you got some scales I got a rcsb LOL have always wanted to do this to set up the cal tracs.

I'm not really even concerned with it from a drag racing perspective...more of a high speed stability perspective. If I have to hang 500 lbs of lead in back I will. I have no delusions of 50/50 but 60/40 may be possible.

How do they scale out stock?

i would probably guesstimate around 75/25 or 70/30.

you can get a rough estimate on f/r weight bias by going to a local truck scale. weigh the front axle, then weigh the back. it will be within 20-30 pounds of fairly accurate.

runnin a 12v? use an indy aluminum head. should shave 40 pounds or so.
could get extreme, move cooling system back, trans coolers etc... lightweight front fenders and hood, as well as bumper and swiss cheese non necessary brackets and such.

whats the purpose of the vehicle? just a driver or a land speed truck?
stability at speed tends to lend its self to a longer wheel base.

The purpose of the truck is to make me smile...front heavy short wheelbase trucks don't make me smile. Basically it has no purpose but to look good and make a lot of power.

ahh, then you will need some 18in wide drag radials and a suspension that hooks (4 link) on the street.

goodluck!

If you got some scales I got a rcsb LOL have always wanted to do this to set up the cal tracs.

I'll be gone working for a while but I can borrow a set of corner scales from a buddy.
We'll have to look into that when I get home.

I just know these things have to get really ass light of you come off the throttle quick north of 100 mph.
I can hang 500 lbs back there and probably still be in the 6000 pound range...that won't bother me at all.

ahh, then you will need some 18in wide drag radials and a suspension that hooks (4 link) on the street.

goodluck!

It'll be on 305 width 22's like it always is. Softened leaf pack with traction bars parallel to the driveshaft. It won't hook and I know it...but as long as its stable at speed and corners well I'll take it.

They sucked on a ccsb so I went to long bars.
I still have the cal trac brackets in place...just have to bolt the bars back in to test that.

its worth a shot with the caltracs.
you can make the axle plant so hard it bounces off the pavement, then hops. or try to lift the front of the truck so hard it "lifts" the rear axle and squats and spins.

plus with a ccsb you are trying to move and handle a lot more weight. a rcsb might be quite different.

Last edited:
I'll be gone working for a while but I can borrow a set of corner scales from a buddy.
We'll have to look into that when I get home.

I just know these things have to get really ass light of you come off the throttle quick north of 100 mph.
I can hang 500 lbs back there and probably still be in the 6000 pound range...that won't bother me at all.

Only problem would be getting a day when either of us arnt working.

i never had it act bad when i chopped the throttle at 120 plus. but i had stiff springs in the rear and one coil cut up front.

While driving around, look for the big, tall, grain evlevators. There will be a set of scales close by. Most will let you pull up and write down your weight without making a ticket and charging you if you are nice. You can do the front, then the back and even side to side if you want and they are not busy. Or ask them to turn the readout towards the window so you can come by and do it after hours one night. Most will accomodate you. $.02

Not the type of scales he is talking about guys. This is a set of scales that measures the weight of each corner. This allows you to change a prolink or caltracs. The weight will change as you adjust them and it let's you get very close to proper weight distribution for launching at the track.
At least that's what I have been told LOL

Last edited:
67.9% front, and 32.1% rear. I have a lot of room for for improvement.

Back