He341 with S465 twins?

I justy picked up an HE341 (thanks Trap!) yesterday to put on my truck once its fixed and was thinking since I have had no luck selling my S465 would they match up pretty well for a set of towing/street twins? Right now it is a 65/92mm comp wheel and 83/74mm turbine wheel with a .8ar wastegated T3 exhaust housing, but I could get a T4 .9 non gated housing for it.

The truck once running will be a daily driver and tow rig, I have realized trying for big HP numbers is out of my bank account's range for now lol. I will tow almost every weekend, usually around 4k-5k but sometimes I am sure 10k-15k will be in tow occasionally.

Would that set up cool and clean up 400-450rwhp?

What do ya'll think?

It may be a little tight on the turbine side for twins, but it would be a great towing setup. That is similar to the BD tow twins.

I agree with chrleb1.
You will need a bigger exhaust housing than either of the ones you listed. I have a 1.10 T6 wastegated that might work good for that application.

Does the he341 have the same exhaust housing and wheel as the he351? That's the same setup I'd like to try except for maybe a 70 mm ish big turbo.

I agree with chrleb1.
You will need a bigger exhaust housing than either of the ones you listed. I have a 1.10 T6 wastegated that might work good for that application.

Is that 1.10 t6 wastegated for an s400?

Really? Is it made to fit the 83mm/74mm turbine though? What exhaust outlet does it have?

If I ran a .9 ar I figure I would need an external wastegate. My RPM's are going to be 3400-3500rpm max this go around instead if the 4100rpm I used to turn.

Should that setup cool and clean up 450rwhp? I figure it should while having sweet spoolup and cool EGT's, but I want to make sure before I go build the piping while the engine is on a stand...

turbine

muddin, i have a 1.10 t6 and a 1.32 t6 also a 1.10 and .9 t4 for the 83/74 turbine wheel you got if you would want to do some trading.

i have a 1.10 T6 kicking around too.

.90 t4 is too small

also, i think your turbo is not a 465 when i remember looking at it a while back when i was thinking about buying it.

I would go with the T6 1.32... those turbos are so close in size you'll need all the flow you can get out of the s400. IMO something in the 70mm range would be better.

I would go with the T6 1.32... those turbos are so close in size you'll need all the flow you can get out of the s400. IMO something in the 70mm range would be better.

t6 1.32 is for the large turbine, never seen one for the small turbine.

I believe there is a t6 1.25 for the smaller turbine wheel though.

t6 1.32 is for the large turbine, never seen one for the small turbine.

I believe there is a t6 1.25 for the smaller turbine wheel though.

i think 1.10 t6 is the biggest ive seen, but im sure theres alot available

i have a 1.10 T6 kicking around too.

.90 t4 is too small

also, i think your turbo is not a 465 when i remember looking at it a while back when i was thinking about buying it.

Its an S400 with the 83/74 and 92/65 wheels, just uses a goofy compressor housing. How would it not be?

Like I said I only want 400-450rwhp and I need it as cool, quik spooling and clean as possible for DD'ing and towing.

So you guys still think a 1.1 would be better than a .9 even with an external wastegate? Should I go T4 flange or T6?

Last edited:
It came that way when I bought it from Trapper. I believe Brian Block measured it and confirmed the 65mm inducer when he had it there to do the machine work on the turbine housing.

Since this isn't going to be for an all out high hp build, and you are limiting your rpm range, I'd go with the T4 .9 housing first and try it. Go ahead and build the piping for that setup. If you determine it's too restrictive, just swap the housing out for a larger one (1.0, 1.1, or 1.25 T4). No changes to the piping necessary. You can always sell the .9 housing, seems to be a demand for those.

Back