he351 spring style wastegate actuator

Please do.

If it actually worked worth a crap then there would be an OEM that actually uses it.

Think about it:
Exhaust pressure is limited= Slower spoolup
Boost pressure is not controlled= Lower top-end boost, excessive/lacking boost in the rest of the range

That means you had a problem with your actuator or a leak. A non-ECM controlled wastegated should not spike.

Oh ok.
So what i have on my car right now doesn't work?
Gassers with diaphragm style what's don't spike either right?

My answer is. Go f yourself. This its my thread and the argument is not whether it works or not.

Explain how a diaphragm style wastegate set to certain pressure would work better in a set of twins than spring style?

Please do.

If it actually worked worth a crap then there would be an OEM that actually uses it.

Think about it:
Exhaust pressure is limited= Slower spoolup
Boost pressure is not controlled= Lower top-end boost, excessive/lacking boost in the rest of the range

That means you had a problem with your actuator or a leak. A non-ECM controlled wastegated should not spike.

I have a spring wastegate on my twins, it works great. If I leave the spring real loose then I get lag because the gate just opens right away. When I start to tighten it down to where it needs to be the lag goes away because it takes longer for the gate to open. It makes adjusting twins 10 times easier, not to mention much faster. It's a pretty simple concept, I don't possibly see how it's a bad idea?

So what i have on my car right now doesn't work?
It doesn't work *correctly* or *well*. Nobody said it doesn't work at all.

Gassers with diaphragm style what's don't spike either right?
Conventional ones with no computer control, yes.
Most OEM's program a boost "spike/overboost" to increase torque at low-mid speeds. I hope you're not confusing that for a true spike.

My answer is. Go f yourself.
Typical answer of the ignorant and thick-minded.

This its my thread and the argument is not whether it works or not.
Its an active thread and I'm discussing the topic. Don't like it? Boo hoo.

Most OEM's program a boost "spike/overboost" to increase torque at low-mid speeds. I hope you're not confusing that for a true spike.

Based on what, where is your proof? You seem to be all about the OEM garbage, you work for a dealership do you not?

Last edited:
I wish you had told me 2 and a half years ago they don't work, I wouldn't have been running one all this time.

Ok, i will find an oem part that will fit on my car that will control boost electronically for my specific application. When i do that i will post pictures of what i currently have and again tell you to go f yourself, because i have not found oem support for a Cummins turbo diesel in a72 Buick riviera.

So, riv. You are telling me you have almost zero dollars tied up in your spring type wastegate for your he351 in a compound application, and it effectively controls the boost/drive pressure in a more than acceptable manner. But you some how did NOT manage to spend about 1500 on an external gate, a manifold with wg flange (or a spacer with wg flange) and a turbosmart boost controller (or similar) to do the SAME thing that your free spring does? Without taking up the extra room you don't have in your engine bay?

This guy was throwing a b1tch fit over his hx50 because someone asked for the specs and price that he didn't post. So I would listen to him one bit! $.02

Hehe, yeah we got involved in that one after he trolled this thread. :)
Huh, funny thing is, it doesn't exist anymore.....

Last edited:
big papa, im getting the truck back from a trans overhaul tomorrow, im going to increase to an 8lb spring instead of the 5lb to gain more top end and get a little more spool out of the bottom end. i will get some pics once i get the new spring setup.

Is there a specific length or diameter, or is there a part number for Fastenal, or name.....spring is pretty generic...lol.

Got mine at the hardware store. One was mashed pretty hard so I run duel inner and outer springs. Takes a pretty stiff spring to hold.

I wouldn't lower myself to their standards.

Humm, you must have said something very stupid. Welcome to the ignore list with the other two trolls.

Why don't you take a minute to introduce yourself then? In the proper section of course. I am curious as to where you got ALL your knowledge and experience from. You work with wade don't you? At least you can spell and have some semblance of grammatical structure in your posts.

Back