Help needed....a lot of help...

Dude, pull up a chair, use the SEARCH function in the 94-98 12 valve section, grab a beer and a notepad, and start READING and LEARNING. No one is going to tell you a + b + c = 700 hp. There are far too many factors. We are here to help. Everyone has opinions, and there is a lot of valuable information on this forum. Use what you have learned, and apply it to your truck.

What I like to do is click the 'replies' button right below the search button in the 12v section and it shows the threads with the most replies greatest to least. Lots of good build threads and tech to read through. You really can't wrap it all up in one thread.

OK guys, thanks to the info I've gotten here I have a great start on engine mods that i am happy and confident in...I have only one more question which is....my bed is absolute junk...I would like to just buy bed sides and a tailgate and fake a bed if that makes since....is there a better way? also I am having the worst time finding examples.

OK guys, thanks to the info I've gotten here I have a great start on engine mods that i am happy and confident in...I have only one more question which is....my bed is absolute junk...I would like to just buy bed sides and a tailgate and fake a bed if that makes since....is there a better way? also I am having the worst time finding examples.

Think baja, fiberglass bedsides etc. $$$$$$

You overlooked the $$$$$$. Anything can be made.
Lol....well I can get bed sides (metal for $700....I just don't know how to go about mounting them....I don't want them to flap in the wind going down the highway

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Tapatalk

My 500hp vp truck was an absolute blast as a dd and would still tow anything you wanted as well.
Im in for another vote of toning down the 700 goal.

Hell come down south and get one

lol I looked and looked....all I found was $1000+ dollers and or terrible shape...most need patch panels at the VERY least lol...just think it will be easier and cheaper to do frame and bed sides....not to mention this ol' gal could stand to loose a few pounds.

Lol....well I can get bed sides (metal for $700....I just don't know how to go about mounting them....I don't want them to flap in the wind going down the highway

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Tapatalk

These bedsides aren't hard to do. I just did them on my 95. Although I've done a lot of bedsides, patch panels in my past. Just drill out all the old spot welds or grind them to free the bedside itself. I used a Spotweld cutter. There's a row down the tailgate jamb the front of the bed and the inside of the bed rail. They use a very strong epoxy like material on the bed rails in between the panels that can be a pain to separate. Take your time fitting the new panels then weld them on in the factory locations (after cleaning and prepping any rusted areas) hope this gives you a good idea on the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People down here don't think truck beds they are worth anything so they just don't list them for sale. I promise you there at least 10 good rust free dodge ram beds just at my local pick and pull. Just dropped an old minivan of my parents off last week and checked them out.

Heck check your local legit wreck yard. I used to go to all of the mom and pop pull your own part yards and they are full of junk. I paid $400 IIRC for my rust free almost new short bed here in northern indiana at an LKQ type place. Bed was already off. It was forked onto my trailer and the whole ordeal was maybe 30 minutes. I always avoided them assuming they would be expensive.

car-part.com Find one close and buy it. The rest of your truck will soon rust away before a good used bed does so don't get too caught up in it LOL 2nd gens love oxygen.

Or look for a clean cheap truck. Lots of 2nd gen gassers for $1k or less. Take the bed and part the rest. Make back most or all of your money. Make money if you're good at it.

Back