high hp vp street truck?

So for 6x.013s......can you run the 155° tips in a SO VP truck effectively? Seems I read that spray angle would limit you to 23° timing with the SO piston, and doesn't the VP do 24° degrees.

here is a high horsepower street vp truck. adam winslett.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hzbp7_8-mM&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hzbp7_8-mM&feature=related[/ame]

Here's another with a just a 66
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3Ts1fwLMjc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3Ts1fwLMjc[/ame]

man I still get a kick out of reading this stuff, even after 11-12 yrs--although I haven't been keeping up as of lately..

I've tried a ton of injectors, not sure I've tried Weston's though(but it's possible somewhere along the line)........ I've done Diesel Dynamics, Edge, BullyDog,(3, 4, 5, 7, 8 and 11's) Don's Mach7.1's(custom), Monster Mikes and some custom mega monster 7x25's from Nowel(RIP) of Performance Diesel and others---they all smoked and some a lot more than others---of course this was early on in the diesel mania craze up until 2008 or so....

basically there's a lot of smoke(again I'm sorry) that gets blown out of porportion when it comes to HP stuff so you need to do your homework to see what's really true and what's BS, but one should match components wisely to achieve what one wants----my goal in 2008 was to set the HP record for the 24v trucks on fuel only and then with NOS, but I got burned out after breaking stuff on my truck that had nothing to do with HP stuff and so that's why I never pursued it and then the smog crap was to come into play earlier than it did, so I decided why do it when I couldn't keep the truck modified....

on a side note:

if anyone is interested I have a brand new stage 2 pump from Monster Mike--been sitting in my garage for a couple of yrs(never installed) also have some .093 lines, monster mike crossovers and his hurricane 2 injectors--got a redline box modified by Mike, probably a comp box also--big brother turbo, a couple of different B1 style turbos based on the B1 bomber turbo from Turbo Auto Diesel, twin turbo piping and a Turbonetics Ball Bearing turbo --all for sale--contact me and it will be worth your while--I'm not givin this stuff away, but it will be cheaper than where you can buy it anywhere else---I'm out of the HP wars due to CA smog and really no time/or place to work on the truck---also my truck is for sale--

I guess I should bring back up my for sale thread in classifieds, if I can find it...

sorry to hijack this a little, but I'm not going to use this stuff, so if someone wants it contact me....chris

man I still get a kick out of reading this stuff, even after 11-12 yrs--although I haven't been keeping up as of lately..

I've tried a ton of injectors, not sure I've tried Weston's though(but it's possible somewhere along the line)........ I've done Diesel Dynamics, Edge, BullyDog,(3, 4, 5, 7, 8 and 11's) Don's Mach7.1's(custom), Monster Mikes and some custom mega monster 7x25's from Nowel(RIP) of Performance Diesel and others---they all smoked and some a lot more than others---of course this was early on in the diesel mania craze up until 2008 or so....

basically there's a lot of smoke(again I'm sorry) that gets blown out of porportion when it comes to HP stuff so you need to do your homework to see what's really true and what's BS, but one should match components wisely to achieve what one wants----my goal in 2008 was to set the HP record for the 24v trucks on fuel only and then with NOS, but I got burned out after breaking stuff on my truck that had nothing to do with HP stuff and so that's why I never pursued it and then the smog crap was to come into play earlier than it did, so I decided why do it when I couldn't keep the truck modified....

on a side note:

if anyone is interested I have a brand new stage 2 pump from Monster Mike--been sitting in my garage for a couple of yrs(never installed) also have some .093 lines, monster mike crossovers and his hurricane 2 injectors--got a redline box modified by Mike, probably a comp box also--big brother turbo, a couple of different B1 style turbos based on the B1 bomber turbo from Turbo Auto Diesel, twin turbo piping and a Turbonetics Ball Bearing turbo --all for sale--contact me and it will be worth your while--I'm not givin this stuff away, but it will be cheaper than where you can buy it anywhere else---I'm out of the HP wars due to CA smog and really no time/or place to work on the truck---also my truck is for sale--

I guess I should bring back up my for sale thread in classifieds, if I can find it...

sorry to hijack this a little, but I'm not going to use this stuff, so if someone wants it contact me....chris
chris LONG LONG time buddy. how have you been? last time i saw you was at Redding swapping pumps in the parking lot for testing a few years ago. how is everything going man?

yea that was about the end of my time doing HP stuff--other than that been building a couple of jeeps and doing kid stuff---how about you, things going ok??....chris

yea that was about the end of my time doing HP stuff--other than that been building a couple of jeeps and doing kid stuff---how about you, things going ok??....chris
going great. busy with work and i to have kinda moved away from the high end stuff we were doing back then. now have a BUNCH of money tied up with sand drag stuff now. big into the blown alky stuff but its fun. whole family does it. good to see you still around bud and hope your doing good.

but one should match components wisely to achieve what one wants

+1 x billion

I grow tired of "I want a 64/480 set of twins because everyone else has them." Most people aren't even aware there are 5 different size S400 turbine wheels. But it's a Silver Dragon Mach Stage 4 industry I guess.

+1 x billion

I grow tired of "I want a 64/480 set of twins because everyone else has them." Most people aren't even aware there are 5 different size S400 turbine wheels. But it's a Silver Dragon Mach Stage 4 industry I guess.

lol this is what i have said from the beginneing, everyone thinks you need this and that to make HUGE horsepower and you dont, just need the parts you have to work perfectly together to maximize the combos potential.

+1 x billion

very funny

Back