high hp vp street truck?

Perfect example, and this was when a 500hp VP was doing something.

2001 5spd truck using an 8-hole Mercedes nozzle, if installed with a 0.090" nozzle it would white haze @ idle immensely, no power under 2000RPM, and smoked horrid under accelaration. Now, installed with a 0.060" washer, +175hp to the tire on Dunbar's dyno and very clean with great street manners. Just shows how a small change can have a large effect.

I have an idea..... Let mike build me a new set of 7x.012"... Since thats what I currently have, and I'll dyno back to back against Westons.....and I'll send them back after the fact....

It really doesnt matter though, I ran 2 sets of 7x.010" at the track.... one being a JL and the other Westons... and I picked up a consistant .04 and 7mph.... same night, same conditions

Not to mention cleaner, quieter, crisper injector.... whether they made a higher dyno number is irrelevant, they flat out work for me

Been there done that. I don't know if I got a bad batch of 7x.012's from sdx but my truck with a super b special ran 43 lbs of boost and was completely clean and would only get to 1100 degrees even with 12000 lbs behind it. They fueled like my 50's. I would have picked my old Coaltrain 100's over the 7x.012's anyday. The same setup but with a stage 2 pump and 6x.013's the special would do 60 psi. Granted that was with a stage 2 pump. Mike knows how and where to get fuel from a vp and its injectors.

Been there done that. I don't know if I got a bad batch of 7x.012's from sdx but my truck with a super b special ran 43 lbs of boost and was completely clean and would only get to 1100 degrees even with 12000 lbs behind it.

Reason I asked via PM if they were VCO is I had a sneaking suspicion the EDM was not being controlled accurately. I had a few tested and some were quite a bit lower than others. This is why we switched nozzle type and EDM companies.

I had a set of mikes injectors and they worked very well. I never took them apart to see what was done as far as lift and tip work, but as far as making good power without alot of smoke, they were close to my old Mach 7's(and i mean that as a compliment). VP's have different needs compared to a p-pump so it may not be a good comparison.

I had a set of mikes injectors and they worked very well. I never took them apart to see what was done as far as lift and tip work, but as far as making good power without alot of smoke, they were close to my old Mach 7's(and i mean that as a compliment). VP's have different needs compared to a p-pump so it may not be a good comparison.

You ran mikes injectors with your p-pump set up? What kind of power did they make?

Reason I asked via PM if they were VCO is I had a sneaking suspicion the EDM was not being controlled accurately. I had a few tested and some were quite a bit lower than others. This is why we switched nozzle type and EDM companies.

Must have been vco. This was last may, not sure if that helps.

You ran mikes injectors with your p-pump set up? What kind of power did they make?

the set of monster Mikes injectors i sold went into a p pump 24 valve in boerne, tx. the guy loved them.. and i may be wrong, but i think he was in the mid 600s with them...

the set of monster Mikes injectors i sold went into a p pump 24 valve in boerne, tx. the guy loved them.. and i may be wrong, but i think he was in the mid 600s with them...

Good info. Single turbo I'm guessing? Know anything about how it's street manners are?

Good info. Single turbo I'm guessing? Know anything about how it's street manners are?

i believe it was .. if i remember right, it was like a 64 (maybe a silver series).. he was driving it everyday.. ill ask a friend real quick, he had helped him set the truck up.. my curiosity is up, so im going to find out how the truck ran on the street, and if he still has it LOL

I did 697 on a SO Vp on fuel only, I think with a few little things I could have had a little more, but I don't see much more being made with a sovp, so if you think you will be happy with 700 I say don't mess with a big vp that drives and idles like dogsh!t and run it, if you want more, spend $1500 on a p pump swap instead of a bigger vp for $1600-2000 and gain what? Maybe 100hp? (what's the highest hp fuel only) that's my opinion, don't even wanna mention anything about injectors cause I don't want to contribute to this little injector pissing match that's making a mess of this thread!

Oh and my hp should be backed by my 11.64@115 on 35" tires...

Last edited:
If a truck idels like "****" because it has a big vp trucks setup is wrong. Don't blame the pump blame the builder

I did 697 on a SO Vp on fuel only, I think with a few little things I could have had a little more, but I don't see much more being made with a sovp, so if you think you will be happy with 700 I say don't mess with a big vp that drives and idles like dogsh!t and run it, if you want more, spend $1500 on a p pump swap instead of a bigger vp for $1600-2000 and gain what? Maybe 100hp? (what's the highest hp fuel only) that's my opinion, don't even wanna mention anything about injectors cause I don't want to contribute to this little injector pissing match that's making a mess of this thread!

Oh and my hp should be backed by my 11.64@115 on 35" tires...

Care to elaborate on your setup for those numbers?

would 700hp be streetable on p pump with large single

Keep an eye on my spool flange thread as this is exactly what i'm shooting for. Waiting on some parts to get here monday and hope to have some impressions later in the week. I'm betting it will not be smokey at all if the right injectors are used in conjunction with the spool flange i'm running.

don't even wanna mention anything about injectors cause I don't want to contribute to this little injector pissing match that's making a mess of this thread!

Mach 6's still? That nozzle is similiar to the 6-hole, and with conservatively sized orifices and a wide cone angle they make good power. And they have no pintle modifications.

Mach 6's still? That nozzle is similiar to the 6-hole, and with conservatively sized orifices and a wide cone angle they make good power. And they have no pintle modifications.
What angle are machs?

Back