High RPM 12v puller build: which piston and injector angle?

kino_fab

KTPA Tech Official
Been searching this a while now and still haven't gotten a direct answer. Planning a 2.6 puller build and trying to figure out what piston bowl design and injector spray pattern angle. I know I'll be going with a 5x .018 or 5x.020 injector, plus a 13mm ag gov pump, and probably a custom HX60.

This build will also be alittle on the cheap side, so forged pistons are probably not going to happen. I'm thinking about going with the Mahle 286110, but is there something else i need to go with that would be better suited?

Im not sure someones just going to give you the answer. I am running the 286110 piston, 5x.20, 13mm auto gov p7100.

Custom hx60 and cheap build? I think I missed something.

kinda what I was thinking there is 4 grand right there if that is your idea of cheap I have the perfect block and head for you ready for some pistons and a roller cam in the for sale section:Cheer:

The turbo and pump will probably be the most expensive things on this build. Everything else will be on the cheap because I probably will not have the extra coin. I know it sounds like I'm shooting my self in the foot with this, but I would shoot my self in the head if I knew I had $30K+ in just an engine for a play toy.

The turbo and pump will probably be the most expensive things on this build. Everything else will be on the cheap because I probably will not have the extra coin. I know it sounds like I'm shooting my self in the foot with this, but I would shoot my self in the head if I knew I had $30K+ in just an engine for a play toy.

lol Pocket change HA HA wish I had that much....

Let me rationalize this since there seems to be some confusion on the internet regarding cone angle. If you spray in the bowl, how much oxygen is present in a 54mm circle? Now, if you are not concerned of efficiency and you choose to spray outside the bowl, how much oxygen is present in a 4" circle?

weston just couldn't resist! i knew he'd throw somethin in this thread. lol:hehe:

Let me rationalize this since there seems to be some confusion on the internet regarding cone angle. If you spray in the bowl, how much oxygen is present in a 54mm circle? Now, if you are not concerned of efficiency and you choose to spray outside the bowl, how much oxygen is present in a 4" circle?

so for all out power just keep the spray narrow enough to keep it on top of the piston? and for efficiency spray inside the bowl?

Garrett

377253_10150420014795913_506865912_8858037_1300131764_n.jpg

Custom hx60 and cheap build? I think I missed something.

X2

IMO, use the money for a custom 60 and put that towards a fordged piston and an s480. You'll probably have enough left over to go with a billet wheel. And might still have saved money.

Back