Higher performance diesel fuel

MPDMIKE

D-BAG
Hey guys I have been looking around for any kind of "race" diesel fuel available out there for our trucks. So far I have seen schieds, shell, syndiesel, and a few others. I am wondering who has tried what and what kind of improvements any of them had made. My truck is right now a touch over 1000 HP on fuel and I am looking for any kind of help to maybe squeeze some more power out at the track. Thanks in advance guys

watching

I run a 50/50 of diesel and kerosene plus 2 stroke oil and ceatan booster

I use scheid additives and make my own. I've run the syndiesel and it ran worse then what I make.

I tried the Shell race diesel on the dyno against regular diesel and it made less hp. It smokes less, I think that's about all to expect.

I tried the Shell race diesel on the dyno against regular diesel and it made less hp. It smokes less, I think that's about all to expect.

Did you compare egts? I wonder if it would make more power at an equal smoke/egt level.

7202da25593496d1b3d1e22f54382fbb.jpg

I dont know what haisley runs....but their trucks and their sponsored trucks have a completely different smell to their exhaust then any other trucks in the pits. Its a VERY strong and pungent odor. As a contisure of exotic exhaust fumes, I would say its a mix of bio diesel and a crap ton of cetane with a splash of diesel fuel. Maybe some xylol or toluene mixed in.

I have no idea about the details but didn't I see in Facebook where Haisley was having issues with their diesel fuel and and was dq'd because of it? I think they were contesting it but I never heard results.

I don't think anythings "wrong" with it, but if you can make gains why wouldn't you?

Because changing just the fuel does not guarantee improved performance. Lots of hard parts, and tuning to benefit from the fuel's potential.

Back