Highest single CP3 HP ?

Best I ever did on fuel alone was 733hp with an II 120% pump, mafia 150hp nozzles and an HTT 71/73-13ss. I couldn't get full boost out of it on the dyno. Based on my MPH in the 1/4 and weight it was ~ 780hp.

This may be a bold statement, but I built my truck to take the gold in this category. Im very close to having it back from Farm Truck/ Raw Diesel.

I'll be running flux 4's, wicked stage 3 pump, and Shane's Revo Kit as well. (makes the cp3 belt driven.) Tuning is left to the SSR.

I have only driven the truck for a few days over the past few months, the rpm and rail pressure needles move exactly the same. I never did like dual cp3's due to the crowded appearance. I may even be the first truck with his actual kit on a truck,(even had to fab up my own mounting bracket haha!) It definitely performs and I dont believe enough fuel will ever be the issue here.

I'll have a dyno number when the truck gets back. It was built with intentions of 800+ fuel only, single turbo.

We've gone as fast as 7.30 @ 94 on a single CP3, all fuel & air in a 7400lb truck... hp calculators say 850+hp..... D392 CP3, S475, hammy 188/220, 45% bosch motorsports and Comp47 w/PCS... POW!

This may be a bold statement, but I built my truck to take the gold in this category. Im very close to having it back from Farm Truck/ Raw Diesel.

I'll be running flux 4's, wicked stage 3 pump, and Shane's Revo Kit as well. (makes the cp3 belt driven.) Tuning is left to the SSR.

I have only driven the truck for a few days over the past few months, the rpm and rail pressure needles move exactly the same. I never did like dual cp3's due to the crowded appearance. I may even be the first truck with his actual kit on a truck,(even had to fab up my own mounting bracket haha!) It definitely performs and I dont believe enough fuel will ever be the issue here.

I'll have a dyno number when the truck gets back. It was built with intentions of 800+ fuel only, single turbo.

Rick, check out Wes's pull truck. The 2nd cp3 mounted over where the a/c went looks badass!

I also had this single pump single turbo in mind when i originally started my build. But unless your going for a record (with no payout) it doesnt make sense. Have volume and back up for the back up... Take $ out of the equation and tell me one person who has had twin pumps but prefered a single.
I do understand the need if your competition class requires a single pump.

My $.02

I've been 10.53@131 mph with my 4wd. It has the II 120% pump, Exergy 150% injectors and single 475. Truck weighs 6300lbs

838whp and 1691wtq last fall. Floor-It stg 3.5, 62/71/13ss over an s480 w/ RC, II 5x10s, Dual feedline, FASS 260, TNT-R, MP-8, oh and a STOCK intake horn and IC. Thats fuel only.

I now have a Hellman, port and polished, and EFI... I think the truck has close to 1k in it with a properly written tune.... :fish:

Last edited:

Chris at Relentless Diesel has had belt driven single pump kits for quite a while now....overdriving them with different pulley sizes.

Like I said, bold statement haha. I wasn't sure if someone else had been producing that or not. Never seen any advertised. But yes I do have pics and I am living proof it produces plenty of fuel.

I like the kit, I'll see what kind of numbers and times I can make with it. Somebody's got to be the guinea pig.

The guinea pig was Chris....look on the Relentless Diesel website...it's new to you but old news really.

Back