How fast to not be the slowest?

Todd W

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I am going to the race in phoenix in a few weeks and was going to run sportsman et. I am thinking about possibly running super street but don't want to be way slow compared to the others in the field. So what kind of times are fast enough to consider running super street?

Also how fast can you go before you have to run a roll bar/cage.

I am going to the race in phoenix in a few weeks and was going to run sportsman et. I am thinking about possibly running super street but don't want to be way slow compared to the others in the field. So what kind of times are fast enough to consider running super street?

Also how fast can you go before you have to run a roll bar/cage.

I'd say anything in the 12's and faster.

There should be some pretty quick Superstreet trucks there. Fastest doesn't always win. Idaho Rob won both Prostreet and Superstreet events last year with his daily driver by out driving and out lasting the quicker trucks at a couple of the NHRDA events, both pro and super street in Bremerton and Prostreet in Billings IIRC.

Trentnell won last year with a best time of 12.3? The laddering was a bit off though, they put the fastest trucks there (ct 10.9 and myself 11.7) against each other in the first round. You never know what will happen with competitors trucks.

Thanks for the replies. Good info for my beginner self.

Ok so for those who are in a guessing mood what time would you guess I was capable of. My best run was last october in Boise. I had a 5 speed and am no awesome shifter by any means. Run was accomplished with 2nd gear launch at about 2500rpm no boost. Right now I am having a built auto put in. so i am hoping to improve dramtically. Am considering getting on of those nitrous kits from Greg Hogue that has the boost referneced controller and stuff just wondering if it is necessary to run in that class.

On a seperate issue what is needed to go faster than 11.49, not that i worry about going that fast soon, but for future reference.

Attachments

• drag race 010.JPG
    drag race 010.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 77
Thanks for all the info very helpful. I think that i will try to run superstreet and sportsmen et. I talked to greg hogue last night and have the nx 4000 kit on the way and will be getting a 50mm gate from ED. Should have it together in time for phoenix.

Thanks for all the info very helpful. I think that i will try to run superstreet and sportsmen et. I talked to greg hogue last night and have the nx 4000 kit on the way and will be getting a 50mm gate from ED. Should have it together in time for phoenix.

come by and say Hi, we will be easy to find, big white race trailer with Max'd Out Diesel Racing on the side and back.

come by and say Hi, we will be easy to find, big white race trailer with Max'd Out Diesel Racing on the side and back.

Will do, I'm pretty sure we are staying at the same hotel, motel 6 right? I will be the giantish guy pushing around 2 kids in a stroller. But dont be afraid, I know that stroller pushers and hells angels are often mistaken for each other, but really I am pretty tame. Couldn't stomach riding a Harley so obviously I had to get the stroller to maintain my tough guy image.:hehe:

Will do, I'm pretty sure we are staying at the same hotel, motel 6 right? I will be the giantish guy pushing around 2 kids in a stroller. But dont be afraid, I know that stroller pushers and hells angels are often mistaken for each other, but really I am pretty tame. Couldn't stomach riding a Harley so obviously I had to get the stroller to maintain my tough guy image.:hehe:

If they still make the strollers like they used to a few years ago, it'll have a beer holder next to the handle. I opted for the dual beer holder option for the one I bought. The 1st model I bought had baby bottle holders, but people looked at me strange when drinking beer from a baby bottle, so I upgraded.

If they still make the strollers like they used to a few years ago, it'll have a beer holder next to the handle. I opted for the dual beer holder option for the one I bought. The 1st model I bought had baby bottle holders, but people looked at me strange when drinking beer from a baby bottle, so I upgraded

:hehe:

Im going to be headed down to pheonix and was wondering the same exact thing? i would guess i can probly get 14 or 15 out of this thing?

i might not race cause this would be my first time at a track lol.

My first few events I just watched, and dynoed when there was one there.
IT was a mistake. 10 times more fun to race! If you run sportsmen et I am sure you will have a great time. Plus there will probably be quite a few 14 or 15 second trucks. you'll fit right in.

On a side note being that you title is toxic diesel I am guessing you from St. george. I am from Cedar and am going down with 3 or so different trucks. I would imagine that a lot of people are going through southern utah on the way to the race friday. Maybe there is some interest in meeting in cedar or st. goerge and getting a big caravan headed down?

Im going to be headed down to pheonix and was wondering the same exact thing? i would guess i can probly get 14 or 15 out of this thing?

Stock trans? If so then I would wait for RMR or the track in Hurricane to open up so you are closer to home.

Got to start sometime, and bracket racing is fun. Many good racers there to help you and you will love the close competition of brackets. Many many times the slower trucks win due to being much more consistent and the faster trucks can't stand waiting and leave too soon. Automatic win for you. Try it!!

Back