How hard is it to find a good P Pump?

Apparently, most 13mm quick rate cams are the stock Bosch 903 cams, which come in the 180 and 215 pumps.

I heard that too a while back, but I guess it depends on your pump shop. I put a dial indicator and measured plunger lift in 2 degree increments on a benched 180 pump I had and compared it to my measurements on my CDS w/ quick rate cam. It is not the same profile.

You can have you pump cam ground for about 300 bucks IIRC or go wild with a radical billet grind, but other changes will be necessary to get your pump to live.

I heard that too a while back, but I guess it depends on your pump shop. I put a dial indicator and measured plunger lift in 2 degree increments on a benched 180 pump I had and compared it to my measurements on my CDS w/ quick rate cam. It is not the same profile.

You can have you pump cam ground for about 300 bucks IIRC or go wild with a radical billet grind, but other changes will be necessary to get your pump to live.

I thought about having a cam ground but thats more money and it will probably be less durable. Thats another reasoning behind wanting to find a good pump from the start.

I thought about having a cam ground but thats more money and it will probably be less durable. Thats another reasoning behind wanting to find a good pump from the start.

So you just want a basic 13mm then, call a pump shop and have one built. Your responses are hurting my brain movies. It doesn't have to be a 887 or 913, they can install whatever pump cam you'd like.

So you just want a basic 13mm then, call a pump shop and have one built. Your responses are hurting my brain movies. It doesn't have to be a 887 or 913, they can install whatever pump cam you'd like.

I'm sorry I'm new to the p pump scene no need to talk down to me. Can I have a pump sent to me before I send in the core. I was under the assumption that I would send in the core and have it built and receive the original pump I sent, only worked over.

I'm sorry I'm new to the p pump scene no need to talk down to me. Can I have a pump sent to me before I send in the core. I was under the assumption that I would send in the core and have it built and receive the original pump I sent, only worked over.

Talk down to you? I havent yet, depends on the pump shop though, most will actually let you purchase the pump and when you get it you can send in your core. Now you will have to pay a core charge up front usually and if your core is bad or not the right pump that they desire you may not get your full core charge back.

I usually like sending my pump in to have built, usually cheaper and no core charge to deal with. Industrial Injection built my 13mm pump for me, and i was going to have Seth at DPE repair a 12mm that i have that needs a new P&B and a few afc parts. But i havent gotten around to it, theres alot of good pump shops around.

Back