how hard is it to p pump an isl

I need to mess with bigger cube engines....I wouldn't have thought you needed that much charger for that power goal!!

Chris

I wouldn't have thought you needed that much charger for that power goal!!

Chris

You are correct. It really depends on the RPM you're going to turn the engine. The C&L series Cummins don't turn more than 2400 from factory but when you take them to 3K they need more turbo than a S300.

thanks guys, i was thinking of using a 74/83/1;10 but i also understand that a 71mm compressure(71/83/1;10) would be more than enough to support 550.. so whatever we find first and cheapest will be what we use..
also im sure that we are going to be using the sub 3k rpm band, it already has a 13sp in and only wieghs in at 18k so keeping the turbo lit wont be a problem with either..
oh ya and we ordered injector lines from schied, they just did a isc so they already had the jig set up..

I have an extra 71/83/1.10 T4 if you need one in a hurry...ready to ship anytime.

I guess I figured the bigger heads flowed good enough a smaller S300 would work...but I don't get to play with the bigger engines at work...it's hard to get a guy to let me hot rod his combine:hehe: :hehe:

Chris

ok so we got the injector lines from schied, still waiting on the pump and turbo to show but here the mockup pump and lines
2011-02-09182527.jpg

:pop:

It look's like there is a Jake brake setup on the top of that cylinder head, hope that your brake lights are wired up to the Jake brake switch otherwise you'll be ending up with cars in your back bumper !!! LOL

That thing is gonna stop so fast !

Very, very nice project BTW, keep us posted !

yes it has two stage jakes on it, from what we understand its the smallest cummins to get real jakes.
so as for now its getting a 215pump that we will tweek for the 550hp we want, and the turbo from chris, 71/83/1;10 that should be perfect for that hp and sized(8.9liter) motor..

nothing really yet, like chris said still waiting on the turbo and pump.. as soon as those show up we will start it.. ill get that video for you guys for sure..

Got the pump yesterday. Got "Drop shipped"....thanks USPS. Hopefully the turbo comes today. In one piece.

I just found this thread today with google. I wish I had seen it a few weeks ago. I could have saved you some trouble. The ISC is almost identical to the ISL so the conversion will be the same for both of us. You can just use the stock pump brackets.... The ISL block has the p-pump mounting bracket holes already drilled and tapped. Here's the first start of my p-pumped ISC 8.3L.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6qpPTjvYC4

Last edited:
ya thank you for sure but all we need now is a pump that is what its supposed to be and in one piece... so anyone have a 215 pump?

I wouldnt stress so much on it being a 215 pump. The other pumps can move plenty of fuel with a little tweaking. Even after sending it to a pump shop, you might have a little more money in your pocket because everyone wants a 215 pump.

Awesome project by the way!

oh i am fairly certain i could build all the power i want out of any pump but i want the timing from the 215 pump.. we are only trying to make 550hp to the ground out of 8.9 liters and have a 71/83/1.32 turbo lol.. plenty of air and displacement so it wouldnt take much.. just need a pump..

oh i am fairly certain i could build all the power i want out of any pump but i want the timing from the 215 pump.. we are only trying to make 550hp to the ground out of 8.9 liters and have a 71/83/1.32 turbo lol.. plenty of air and displacement so it wouldnt take much.. just need a pump..

Is that the turbo Chris sold you?

yes that is the turbo chris sent over.. i wish the pump had worked out as well..

1.32 housing? Thought it had a 1.10

Why do you want the timing of the 215? They retard the timing through the midrange...
Chris

Back