How Many Trucks Run In The 10's?

Here are 12 trucks from the fastest commonrail list.

1. GAW Diesel- 9.68
2. Drever Family racing- 9.78 @ 142
3. 24VChevy- 9.96 @ 149.12
4. cranked_dodge 10.15 @ 133.78 - Tripledog 2.4.SENL, Torque Dog
5. DMS1707- 10.20 @ 130 - Smarty TNT/R
6. Torrey - 10.2X @ XXX
7. coaltrain- 10.34 @ 130.45
8. Rip Rook- 10.34 @ 130.45
9. josh gruis- 10.58 @ 129.74
10. W1cked- 10.76 @ 128.82
11. Brian Parker- 10.80 @ XXX
12. morkable- 10.84 @ 128

there aren't any, these guys in the 6.4's think they have more motor than what they actually do, they don't have the mph for it, i was being sarcastic on psn about it. i've been trying to get there, guys with the 6.4 think it will come easy, there is a VERY BIG cap between 11.5 and 10.9.

someone's a little butt-hurt that the 6.4 i getting to the 10s quicker then he is LOL

Actually Shawns right, while the 6.4 is one hell of a motor, and there will be several getting into the 10's before long, there is a HUGE amount of work to knock off a half a second.

Just out of curiosity, how many on that list are TRUE daily drivers. I don't mean taking it around the block once a month or just being street legal. I mean trucks that actually get driven and used every day.

there aren't any, these guys in the 6.4's think they have more motor than what they actually do, they don't have the mph for it, i was being sarcastic on psn about it. i've been trying to get there, guys with the 6.4 think it will come easy, there is a VERY BIG cap between 11.5 and 10.9.

I agree I wasent using you as an example at all, I also think you can get there.

I ran a 10.95, but it hasn't been backed up yet so that is why it's not on any list. Will try to back it up soon hopefully.

Just out of curiosity, how many on that list are TRUE daily drivers. I don't mean taking it around the block once a month or just being street legal. I mean trucks that actually get driven and used every day.

NONE!!

And I still don't get this crazy obsession people have with 800+ hp, 10 sec. daily drivers? :confused:

I mean come on...........Do you get bonus points for saying "yeah, but it's my daily driver"?:bang

NONE!!

And I still don't get this crazy obsession people have with 800+ hp, 10 sec. daily drivers? :confused:

I mean come on...........Do you get bonus points for saying "yeah, but it's my daily driver"?:bang

Have to agree with Greg on this one, you are not going to daily drive a 10 sec truck. You might drive it with a smaller tune, but I argue then it isn't a 10 truck at that point in time. The fuel required to get one of the dodges to run in the 10's would get you pulled over in nothing flat with all the smoke you would be laying down, and the NOS trucks couldn't afford to run, let alone last very long as would any of them at that HP level. Tomorrow we will fire up my 06 ec/sb that will be my daily driver and I think cabable of a 10 second pass after some tweaking. I plan to drive it with a 500 hp tune for daily driving, or probably a mid-12 sec truck. Will it be a daily driven 10 sec truck, NO. Will it have the capability to run in the 10's, I hope so, but not without a major tune change, drag radials and suspension adjustment.

Have to agree with Greg on this one, you are not going to daily drive a 10 sec truck. You might drive it with a smaller tune, but I argue then it isn't a 10 truck at that point in time. The fuel required to get one of the dodges to run in the 10's would get you pulled over in nothing flat with all the smoke you would be laying down, and the NOS trucks couldn't afford to run, let alone last very long as would any of them at that HP level. Tomorrow we will fire up my 06 ec/sb that will be my daily driver and I think cabable of a 10 second pass after some tweaking. I plan to drive it with a 500 hp tune for daily driving, or probably a mid-12 sec truck. Will it be a daily driven 10 sec truck, NO. Will it have the capability to run in the 10's, I hope so, but not without a major tune change, drag radials and suspension adjustment.

I agree, it was nice to meet you at RMR.

NONE!!

Nope, just curious ya crusty old bastard. :poke: :D

Other than tire pressure adjustments, my truck is run daily on the tune i went 10.96 @ 128 this past friday. Do i use all the power no, but it is the same tune, tires and setup that i run at the track. even towed my gooseneck with it.

Other than tire pressure adjustments, my truck is run daily on the tune i went 10.96 @ 128 this past friday. Do i use all the power no, but it is the same tune, tires and setup that i run at the track. even towed my gooseneck with it.

Here is the problem that I don't think most people understand. The cumulitve stresses of daily driving a setup capable of 10 sec passes, even at lower levels, is probably harder on it than if it was just a straight drag truck. A 10 sec. truck to me is one that is RACED doing 10 sec. passes. I can almost gaurantee if a 10 sec. capable daily driver actually RACED, meaning 4-8 passes a shot not one pass here or there, it would not be daily driver anymore. :poke:

Congrat's Greg I didn't know you made it into the 10's! That's movin on in that big boat. Jeff

Thanks Jeff :) Just have to keep it together!! :eek: :hehe:

Actually Shawns right, while the 6.4 is one hell of a motor, and there will be several getting into the 10's before long, there is a HUGE amount of work to knock off a half a second.

that there is! and i never said anything about them being in the 10s or even knocking on the door... just trying to get shawn to laugh about this instead of ridiculing rudy's truck on two different forums (or more? haven't checked the other sites in awhile)

I learned along time ago that you can't drive your race truck, pulling truck, mud bogger etc. to work every day and be consistent. In order to compete you need to have a dedicated vehicle to play with. JMO!

Here is the problem that I don't think most people understand. The cumulitve stresses of daily driving a setup capable of 10 sec passes, even at lower levels, is probably harder on it than if it was just a straight drag truck. A 10 sec. truck to me is one that is RACED doing 10 sec. passes. I can almost gaurantee if a 10 sec. capable daily driver actually RACED, meaning 4-8 passes a shot not one pass here or there, it would not be daily driver anymore. :poke:

Thanks Jeff :) Just have to keep it together!! :eek: :hehe:

I agree, even though the big tune is in it I don't bag on it. Just saying the truck doesn't undergo a major transformation before going to the track. Does that make it better, I don't believe it does.

Back