How Many Trucks Run In The 10's?

we have been low ten's for a while (10:15) personal best and even tried pulling all the fuel out of it and timing to get a little more use out of it ( car shows,parades) and it is not driver friendly

This was my fastest pass with the 2wd 06 2500 I had. It was a true daily driver. It made several trips driving to KY and back getting 23 mpg. I also pulled a large 8 tire backhoe trailer with an 8'' diesel powered water pump, pump head, barge it floated on, and all hoses. I was leaving FL hauling it to KY, but turned around a few miles after getting on I-75. The wheelbase was just too short to safely pull it. Anyway, my fastest pass was 11.1 and I drove it an hour to the track as I did most every thursday night. Again, it was 2wd and I raced it on the tires I drove there on. No air pressure changes or anything else. The intercooler boot came off between the eighth and quarter. I also hit the brakes before I crossed the line on accident. It was 11.1 at 117 with around a 2.0 60'. You'll see in the video. I knew it was a good pass. I wish I had stayed off the brakes. The pass before it ran 11.3 at 131.7 mph but was traction limited. Turn up the volume.. It sounds really good..

YouTube - 2006 dodge cummins at the drag strip

Truck has ran a 10:85 with the previous owner. With our new nitrous set up around a 140 shot we will be steady in the 10'S as of running it tonight.

If I did not have a plush crew cab duramax this truck can easily be my daily driver. It has less pedal sensitivity than the duramax, Quick spooling and peaks around 1200 degrees no matter what you are doing.

Last edited:
This was my fastest pass with the 2wd 06 2500 I had. It was a true daily driver. It made several trips driving to KY and back getting 23 mpg. I also pulled a large 8 tire backhoe trailer with an 8'' diesel powered water pump, pump head, barge it floated on, and all hoses. I was leaving FL hauling it to KY, but turned around a few miles after getting on I-75. The wheelbase was just too short to safely pull it. Anyway, my fastest pass was 11.1 and I drove it an hour to the track as I did most every thursday night. Again, it was 2wd and I raced it on the tires I drove there on. No air pressure changes or anything else. The intercooler boot came off between the eighth and quarter. I also hit the brakes before I crossed the line on accident. It was 11.1 at 117 with around a 2.0 60'. You'll see in the video. I knew it was a good pass. I wish I had stayed off the brakes. The pass before it ran 11.3 at 131.7 mph but was traction limited. Turn up the volume.. It sounds really good..

YouTube - 2006 dodge cummins at the drag strip

That a good looking pass Morse, too bad you hit the brakes, probably cost you a 10 sec pass.

10.819 at 125 tonight just been playing with the four link. Best run to date on the truck.

well done, congratulations!!:rockwoot:
Thanks. Forgot to mention we did not use a new nitrous set up last night as mentioned. Figured it would be better to leave it alone to collect more data from the previous weekend at the track.

like I just posted in another thread. It is possible to "drive" a 10 second truck... josh gruis daily drives his truck to and from work when it is not all torn apart. he doesn't take any of the programming out of it. it still has 100% stock suspension. it does smoke something horrible if he drives it stupid but it does get driven more than most people think. and to the guy that was wondering if it makes alot of passes. his recently ran 3 time trials, and 2-3 rounds of eliminations at the first of the month in brainerd mn.
does it get trailered to an event. YES but only because if you do happen to break something while 100+ miles from home you would be stupid for not bringing a trailer for it... I actually usually bring my truck with on the trailer and my truck has a best of 13.3 at 108 with alot of programing taken out of it as I was running et class and there is no sense running it all out if you are trying to be consistent. any questions about both of our trucks go here... http://www.youtube.com/user/Jagsprodiesel his truck is the maroon 04 and mine is the blue 05 longbed with a stack.

Back