how to make traction bars?

bignazty

Hey I was wonder if you guys had impute on how to make traction bars. I have 06 CR. Mabe some pic's and ideas for me to use on mine and to seem kinda what ever body else is doing.

Don't mind those guys.
Here's what I did and I've been very happy with the setup. Fully adjustable.
1962621_792860794096123_1683207977808470881_n_zpsl6ujurvr.jpg

:hehe::hehe:LMAO:hehe::hehe:
jUST CAUSE HIS gRAMMER IS OFF NO NEED TO RED NECK HIM!:bang

Don't mind those guys.
Here's what I did and I've been very happy with the setup. Fully adjustable.
1962621_792860794096123_1683207977808470881_n_zpsl6ujurvr.jpg
Not to impune your choice of material, but how in the world has that stuff not bent like pretzels yet?

It's carbonized titaniumethylene.
It's adamantium actually. Really strong stuff. ;-)

I think he was being a little facetious. At least i hope he was.
^This

Not to impune your choice of material, but how in the world has that stuff not bent like pretzels yet?
Sorry, it was early and I wasn't being so nice. This is something I saw on Reddit about a year ago and it was good enough to save on my phone. :hehe:

The OP has probably already gone to Lowe's, bought the material, and started cutting to length........

The OP has probably already gone to Lowe's, bought the material, and started cutting to length........

I laughed at this.

But seriously what about unistrut? Maybe some heavy duty door hinges....

It's adamantium actually. Really strong stuff. ;-)

^This

Sorry, it was early and I wasn't being so nice. This is something I saw on Reddit about a year ago and it was good enough to save on my phone. :hehe:

Whew. I had a feeling that was the case, but I didnt see a LOL or :doh: in the post. You had me a bit worried there. BTW, I think they were made of unobtainium.

Since Ive never made a set of bars, dont most guys make them out of 2" DOM? Guess the design and length depends on if its a drag racing or sled pulling app, doesnt it?
Ive only used Caltracs in the past.

Last edited:
Back