hp guestimate

Put a plate in bump the timing up so it runs cooler on top what injector washers are u running and what spray angle are ur injectors and what u got for a head gasket little stuff adds up

Put a plate in? What phucked up reasoning do you have for that?
You have a pretty bad a$$ attitude for being here for 12 posts.

if your running 4gsk you should see more than 3100 rpms unless you quit at that rpm. where is your starwheel set at? what spring are you running in it? it might be getting in a bind and keep you from reaching full fuel. it should of put out a good chunk of smoke with those injectors on that turbo. here is my run with 5x12's and a 62 and you can see through the window what kind of smoke it put out. i think it was only the 360ish run

[ame="http://s337.photobucket.com/albums/n373/Chevycummins/Chevy%20conversion/?action=view&current=VID00000.mp4"]Chevy conversion :: VID00000.mp4 video by Chevycummins - Photobucket[/ame]

Put a plate in? What phucked up reasoning do you have for that?
You have a pretty bad a$$ attitude for being here for 12 posts.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I was waiting for someone to say something.

OP: I agree, I think it's a fuel issue. Could really use a video, or a better description of how thick the smoke is. Right now, it sounds close to my issue, which i believe is the AFC spring. Unless your spring is stock, I'd look into that. I also need to check and make sure my diaphragm is still intact.

right now it has the stock spring in it. the diaphram looked to be in good shape, starwheel is about in the middle maybe alittle more towards the front of the hole.

you're probably binding up then - bench that afc with a different spring and see where you get to

Do what hurley said and set it where you see full fuel at your max boost. You might have to switch to a stiffer spring so that it doesn't come on too fast though.

That starwheel so far back could be hurting you, thats why I went to a stiffer spring to begin with. I had to crank down on it so much to kill the smoke, that it took travel out of it. So here I am with a governor spring, that still doesn't work LOL It's almost the perfect tension, but I believe it's too long.

Soft spring and boost elbow

I was actually going to look into a TST spring, if they weren't stupid expensive. Otherwise stock spring with an elbow is what I'll be using. I need to redo the fitting/line in the AFC anyways, the stock one takes such a sharp turn going to the head that is looks like it's going to rip in half.

I hit 520 on industrials dyno with almost the same parts as you have plus a ported head with the same turbo. It does get hot as hell though.

Check the ofv. Buddy had a weak one in his truck with 4gsk and wouldnt go past 3k stick a pair of vice grips on ur return line on ur frame with a light pinch and see if it turns to 4k

What exactly makes the spring bind. Is it because it old? I'm just kinda curious

no, when modified for max travel (with rack plug, etc.), the spring is compressed completely metal-to-metal, limiting your forward travel of the afc arm.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfoVvmoxCY4"]Cummins p7100 injection pump afc housing - YouTube[/ame]

that might have some useful info (i just googled it)

Miss read thouth I seen 913 pump somewhere lol And to BRE sorry I olny have 12 posts but my truck put Down 46 more hp than buddy who made the post on stock injectors with the same turbo so if I'm not doing it right explain

ok so i pulled the afc apart at work today. took regulated air at 50psi because thats about my max boost. the foot was about 1/8th to 3/16 away from the housing. i got it good now all i did was stretch the spring a little bit and now it has full travel. truck deffinatly feels like it has more on top end, but im still going to check fuel pressure and see what that is at wot. still feels like its running out of fuel up top.

Back