hp guestimate

Miss read thouth I seen 913 pump somewhere lol And to BRE sorry I olny have 12 posts but my truck put Down 46 more hp than buddy who made the post on stock injectors with the same turbo so if I'm not doing it right explain

I'm not here to pet your ego man, I was just saying lose the attitude. Putting a plate in it when it obviously is lacking fuel was not gonna help a thing either. There is a fuel supply problem, and that tight housing isn't helping anything either.

ok well i got a fuel pressure gauge on the truck today, i couldnt find a fitting in my fuel pressure kit to fit in the pump but i had one togo into the top of the fuel filter housing hope tht is the same reading. anyways it has about 10psi at idle and at about half throttle it drops down to about 3psi. so i guess the stock lift pump is at its limits.

did you try and pinch off the return line to see if the pressure went up. It is probably just an overflow valve issue

ok well i got a fuel pressure gauge on the truck today, i couldnt find a fitting in my fuel pressure kit to fit in the pump but i had one togo into the top of the fuel filter housing hope tht is the same reading. anyways it has about 10psi at idle and at about half throttle it drops down to about 3psi. so i guess the stock lift pump is at its limits.

Seems right to me. Lots of people say you can make 500 rwhp or whatever with a stock lift pump, but I could draw mine down to nothing at 375 rwhp. Yours could be worse if it's old/tired.

Seems right to me. Lots of people say you can make 500 rwhp or whatever with a stock lift pump, but I could draw mine down to nothing at 375 rwhp. Yours could be worse if it's old/tired.

Yea I've heard the 500 but never believed a bit of it.

I did around 447 HP on the dyno with a new stock lift pump on my Junker Drag Truck. Then, a few minutes later, just over 700 by flipping a couple switches to turn-on my electric lift pumps.

This was with a turned up 245K mile 160 pump so your results may vary.

Lift pump pressure should hold 25PSI at WOT
I made just over 600 with stock lift pump.

Ok so I figured out it is the Ofv causing my loss of fp. So I stretched the around and put it back in and now the fuel pressure is almost 50psi I think I streched it a little too much. You think that will Hirt anything running it that high?

Ok so I figured out it is the Ofv causing my loss of fp. So I stretched the around and put it back in and now the fuel pressure is almost 50psi I think I streched it a little too much. You think that will Hirt anything running it that high?

Nope... Btw from my experience that stretched spring will only work so long. I'd look into a tork tek

I am ordering the tork tech tonight I was just making sure it was ok to at the pressure

50psi is what I run daily. I gave up on regular OFV because they all wear out. I got a tork tek, because it's cheaper than a regulator.

I removed the guts, welded mine shut and drilled two .060" holes IIRC. Lots of fuel pressure now.

That guy must be a real tard!!! Sheesh

Epically post by a dumb phone.

Wow

I think it would take way more effort to type in his gangsta speak than just using standard English.

Back