Hydrogen generators on Diesels, How come no discussion? 60 MPG Duramax?!?

This has been talked about over at 4bt swaps for quite a wile now... I still dont believe it till I see it for my self. Everything I was ever told or read says that it takes more energy to get the Hydrogen than the power that you get out of it... But that wont stop people from selling 100mpg kits..lol
http://4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?p=37005#post37005 is the link...

There is a thread in the Dodge performance section where Jeff Garmon added one to his Dad's truck, picked up almost 4MPG I believe.

I have been looking at this as well. I seen the mason type jar ones which more or less are junk in my opinion. The multiple plate ones seem more promising. I am thinking of trying on my 12v. The setback is howto inject into the engine. I don't see it feasible to inject through the air inlet of the turbo. In order to inject into the intake mani, a venturi of some sort would have to be made to keep the boost from pressuriznig the hydro system. There is a bunch of videos on youtube. The smacks booster looks pretty good. That might be the first one I try to make.

We just installed one for a customer and awaiting feedback.Will have to see

hydrogen

I just got an email from a guy who states....

"A friend got us started in 1995 on hydrogen. Very simple to build and maintain and is nothing but a win win situation. The oil is noticeably clean to the eye and totally clean in the lab. Cat's lab said the oil was good to 100,000mi. The turd of the three new ones I bought was now king of the hill. Will pull one gear higher than the other two with 1/2mpg any time of year. Another fun thing to do is to test at the emission station. With a good working generator, you will produce no emissions. I have built my own hydra-paks this year. With two stage water injection, bio-diesel and hydrogen I have brought my 7.3 Excursion from 14mpg to 21mpg. I know I'm not the only one interested in this technology and with only $150.00 wrapped up in my hydrogen generator, It's a win win over just about any other mod. "

Would love to know if it really works....hard to understand how someone has been using this for 13 years but the rest of us know nothing about it...

Alt Fuels

I am on my 3rd generator and have been having great sucess. I didn't believe it worked either until I built my first one for @$40.00 and 1/2 hour time. Also making SVO fuel and LOVE it.....$1.00 per gallon cost into my tank. I am looking to get into waste engine oil, anyone doing it???

Energy? More out than in? Here's a good place to find information.
www.rmi.org/images/other/Energy/E03-05_20HydrogenMyths.pdf
You may have to put it in yourself if the link doesn't work.
rmi.org/images/other/Energy/E03-05_20HydrogenMyths.pdf Just add the www. at the begining.

hmmm that paper is a little out of date (2003) and the cost effectiveness of nuclear is mis-stated.

but it sure tries to tip toe around the second law

Energy in vs energy out? If you add a bottle of aditive to you diesel and gain 1/2mpg what made the difference? Improved burn of the existing diesel?
So you use a little elec. to break the water down and gain more in the improved burn of the fuel than what was lost breaking the water down.
What some seem to think is that we are trying to run on straight hydrogen not just assisting the diesel burn.

My buddy, who is a trucker, installed a stainless steel plate system on his truck. He said ever since ULSD came out, he can only average around 5.5 mpg when he's running heavy. On low sulfer diesel, and new injectors in his CAT motor, he said he was averaging 6.5 mpg.

Since adding the hydrogen generator which draws about 35-40 amps, his power has gone up, along with mileage. He said he is now back to 6+ mpg and just recorded a best ever of 7.1 mpg on a stretch from LA to Dallas.

I still won't believe it till I personally try it. Drawing an extra 34-40 amps has to add some wear and tear on the alternator, pulleys, and belts. Once you factor in the wear and tear, maintenance, and initial cost to build a reliable setup, it might not be worth it.

I'd really like to do some back to back dyno runs with and without hydrogen/O2 fogging into the turbo inlet to see if any appreciable HP is gained. That would at least give some evidence that the HP lost to generate hydrogen is being made up for in more complete combustion.

I have a friend running this on his gasser, it just seems wired he get good mileage for a while but it seems to go back to normal after the PCM figures its getting to much fuel, I told him to reset the PCM by pulling the fuse to the PCM to reset it and I havent heard back form him. It seems to me its still not worth it has has 2 big pickle jars set up, hes thiinking he can profit from sellin sets to people.

hydrogen testing

we just installed the sst plate one. from use water4 gas.com kit on a 05 6.0 easy install 500.00 for the kit there claiming 2-4 mpg increase and approx upto 20hp. we will find out in the coming weeks. i did a install shoot on it for diesel builder mag. if it's as good as theye say i will post more. it produces 1 litre of hydro per minute at 16-18 amps.

And what is 1 liter of "hho" per minute going to do for the engine breathing what... 10K liters of air per minute at freeway speeds?

Sorry, forgot I wasn't on cummins f anymore...

Hi, My first post ^^^ right there. Been reading here for a while.

heard back on the 05-6.0 he picked up 2-miles per gallon with the hydrogen system. we will see if that stays that way only time will tell.

I can pick up 6-7 mpgs by driving very carefully, from 15 to 22... Picking up 2 by driving like you care about fuel economy is SIMPLE.

Anything good or bad about these systems? I remember Jeff Garmon was doing something with these type systems.

Back