I change more crap....

How much Amp do you need to actually push the JL 10W7 to it's full potential?

any experience with the 750 digital amps from JL? I got a JL 500/1 pushing two W3's right now in a sealed box under rear seat, and always looking for more. Not up to your standards I'm sure, but just asking.

I haven't used any of their class D amps. I use all Slash series right now.
The only thing I may possibly afford that interests me is Linear Power's new line coming out this year....and I'd have to save for a loooong time for those.

I actually had a 12w6 in my trail blazer SS with a 500/1. I liked it 10 times more than my (2) 10w6 in my Pontiac G8 GT with the same amp....i actually thought I was a 10" type guy but realize 12's are all around best sub...one thing i do is drive the fk out of the subs....bigger the amp better...you can always turn it down

Ill let you listen to the beast im building if we meet up at an event...ill be the one deaf yelling at everyone cause I cant hear

dang, sounds like I could be happy with a lot of your guys leftover parts........

I just bought a 13tw5. I'm looking to try this spl2k box since I don't have the time or desire to build my own. I'll be using my old Brutis 1700 watt to push it. Any thoughts on that setup in a new crew cab?

Post how it turns out. I want one of those to put behind the seat of my regular cab.

I bet I've had 6-8 different subs in this truck trying to find "the one". After going through everything under the sun I wound up with a JL 10W6v2 which was awesome in the upper ranges but just didn't dig deep enough for me. So...I went to a 10W7 which digs deep as hell but doesn't sound right up high so I was still unhappy....which leads us to the next driver to audition. From what people tell me this will be the best of both worlds....we'll see.

Ordered this yesterday:
12W6v2-D4 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Drivers - W6v2 - JL Audio

After many years and many products I came to the conclusion that I am never satisfied with my "latest greatest" builds either. Still searching for it.

Right...those JBL W12Gti Mk ll's are looking pretty tempting right now.
I bet I don't have 20 hours play time on the 12W6. LOL

It's the best all around sub I've tried in this truck for sure.
There are others that had more output but this one is really good at covering all the bases.
The 12w6v3 is coming soon...I'm sure I'll try that one too.

It's the best all around sub I've tried in this truck for sure.
There are others that had more output but this one is really good at covering all the bases.

That's good news. I think I'll be happy and stick with mine then.

...except maybe keep me in mind when you're tired of the v3 and are on to something else :)

Back