I need facts about built 47 and resolved myths

If you're working with a 95' 47RH transmission, the PCS controller is useless except for electronically commanding lock-up and overdrive. Gear shifts 1-3 will still be controlled via the mechanical governor weights, line pressure, tv-pressure, and springs in the shift valves.

I personally wouldn't spend money on a PCS controller for a 47rh transmission, rather, install two toggle switches (one for lock-up, and one for overdrive). That way you can control when it hits overdrive and lock-up.

If you want to control all gear shifts, go with a manual valvebody, but pay someone like Goerend, or Garmon, or Prostreet Diesel, or SunCoast to build a full manual valvebody with lock-up in 2nd gear. You need 2nd gear lock-up to be competitive in drag racing. You need 1st gear lock-up if you want to be a top contender.

Make a long story short. The 95 originally had a v8 in it. It now has a 12v with a 47re in it.

I don't always post to the forum but when I do, I prefer a Kindle Fire

It has a 47re or a 47 rh? The RH would be easy and work with the computer. RE needs a different computer.

Reading comprehension is not strong with this one.

I wold just do a manual vb so you can get full line pressure set up a shift light and have at it, do it enough and it will become muscle memory which is better than a computer IMO.

Last edited:
1st gear lockup sounds like it may be hard on things :ugh:

Hard on traction! I lock mine at 12mph in 1st... at 2.45:1 reduction there's less strain on converter/input. I have the OM3GA oversized input and oversized output but we've got another truck here with the TCS input, same power level and weight, locking in 1st and loving life

The PCS controller is an amazing tool, especially if consistancy is your thing

Back