i ran a dam 18.2 ?!?!??!?!?!!!

Sabbath5.9

Neato niceo airplane glue
what the hell. ok everyone's like you'll run a low 16 high 15. im like ok tats a start. so i get to the staging lane. i only brought the rpms to 1000 cause this is my first time racing with a diesel. and didnt know if a boosted launch would hurt anything. so i go. first gear. 2400rpm defuel. takes a second to come back on. second gear. 2400 rpm defuel. takes a second to get fuel again. third gear. guess what!!! 2400 rpm defuel. 4th. yep defuel. and overdrive. the truck took off like a rocket.

18.2 at 82 mph.

after getting a message saying read young grasshopper. i decide to shoot myself in the foot and try it again.

this time i didnt bring the rpm's up at all. and didnt hit the pedal as hard so i can not defuel in 1st ( 1st is the worse to defuel) so im like ok i got a chance. yep 2400 rpm defuel. so basically everytime i defueled it was more then a second to shift and get fuel back.

so i let my buddy drive it. he says my shift points in the trans are met to have this power higher. so i said GSK? and shift kit. he said that would help alot then you can actually run without defueling.

and i still only build 18 psi in 1st-4th and overdrive went to 26psi instead of 28.

kind like a story/ help me with more things thread. so thanks

my signuture wont let me change my mods. so i have fuel plate MIA and afc ff with a little foot grinding

better than my first try.... 20..... at 95... missed 5th
second was 17.2 at 109.... still sucks. guess i need to learn how to row gears.

mine was like that also I'm tweeking on it you can turn the gov ssprings in a couple of click 2-3 max and you should get to around 3500 befor you defuel.

yah in your situation i would go with a set of piers diesel 4k governor springs, but instead of defuel, its gonna be 1st gear spin, shift 2nd spin. especially if you have 2wd. but none the less you'll have a lot more fun with it though.

17.2 at 109? Im running 13.7's at only 98 how are you moving so fast but getting slow ET's?

600+ hp..... makes for high trap speeds, crappy traction and my even crappier driving abilities makes for really slow et's... and the DD clutch doesnt help either...

better than my first try.... 20..... at 95... missed 5th
second was 17.2 at 109.... still sucks. guess i need to learn how to row gears.

At least I'm not the only one. My first outing ever was a 19.xx @ 91mph. 5 runs later I had knocked off 4 seconds. The truck is finicky, and the traction issue sucks. Slicks would help, but looks pretty goofy running 16" wide slicks and running a 14 second pass.

You need a Governor Spring Kit BAD. It makes a HUGE difference with the stock transmission and torque converter.

I had a 3k Governor Spring Kit, #0 plate, transgo shift kit, and 16cm exhaust housing, and a lockup switch and ran consistant 16.2's with my truck at maybe 81mph? The governor spring kit made all the difference. I was launching in 4wd at maybe 1500rpm

I think I ran an 11.6 through the 1/8 with just a plate and no lockup switch or shift kit. Its been about 5 or 6 years ago so i cant remember too good, but i think i still have all the slips. What was your 1/8 mile?

Eric

What do you guys think I can run in the 1/4 ? I ran a 9.2 in the 1/8 before the injectors. I got flux 1s.

I'm confused about what trans you have? Only for the fact that you are mentioning 4th and OD seperately.

My first was in the 16's. Cut it down to a 14.8 by the third run. Built trans though.

If you are on the stock gsk ditch it. The new kit will makes your trans shift whether it wants to or not. Make sure your shift linkage is set correctly. It may make a difference in how long it wants to sit in a gear.

My little brothers 1st gen will keep up with me from a 3rd gear boost launch. Kinda makes me sick.....

i have 47re. i hear it shift through 4 gears. then there;s overdrive which where all my power is. i didnt know if boost launching would hurt my trans so i only left at 1200rpms. my best 1/8th was 12.3

and im only 2wd. slicks in the future??

and i raced a 05 f350 6.oh last night from a 50 roll ( which were all my power is ) and he has exhaust, intake, and had edge on level 1.

he pulled until my turbo finally lit all the fuel and i just pulled on him like crazy until we let off at 90

600+ hp..... makes for high trap speeds, crappy traction and my even crappier driving abilities makes for really slow et's... and the DD clutch doesnt help either...

Launch that thing in 4th gear 4x4 at about 25psi and practice your shifting and you'll be ripping down the track

Oh o.k. What you are caling O.D. is the clutch in the torque converter locking. 4th gear is an overdrive ratio.

In that case, your trans is pretty much stock?

You could to the GSK. start saving for trans parts.

When it kicks into what you were calling OD, how much does the rpm drop? If it's a pretty big drop, your torque converter might not be too happy.

you shouldnt really worry too much about the stock trans as your not making it work too hard since ur not making that much power. Im runing a stock trans right now any time i launch (not at the track *cough cough*) I do it at about 10 to 5 psi. that way i get a good launch w/o trashing the trans. a gsk will be a major help because it makes such a huge difference.

Back