I wanna go fast!

I decided not to lift my truck. So instead i wanna make it go faster.
I already have Exhaust and a superchip.

I'm impressed, but not that impressed by it. What should i start with?

Thanks for the help for the newb:thankyou2:

louisianarebel said:
I decided not to lift my truck. So instead i wanna make it go faster.

:bow: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :bow:

FASS, properly tuned with EFI Live, and a TRANNY - will make one heck of a daily driver

Lavon

I figured that.. i meant like what exactly to do to it...
Im just starting out and dont want to get screwed by getting something i dont need or somthing that will screw it up...

edit.. took too long haha thanks

Ditch the K&N and get a real air-filter. Get a set of electric lift pumps (TTS or something) or a FASS. You WILL NEED a transmission. You're in LA, get a Billet SunCoast. Gauges are a must. Adding power is hell on heat, get an EGT gauge at least. ........programmer of some sort. Choose "what" you want to do or how you want your programming. How much power do you want? Will you want to change power levels on the fly or can you stop between settings? TTS, PPE and a few others make good programmers. EDGE, VA and others work well too.

EFI.......umm, that's a whole other arena.

Burner said:
Ditch the K&N and get a real air-filter. Get a set of electric lift pumps (TTS or something) or a FASS. You WILL NEED a transmission. You're in LA, get a Billet SunCoast. Gauges are a must. Adding power is hell on heat, get an EGT gauge at least. ........programmer of some sort. Choose "what" you want to do or how you want your programming. How much power do you want? Will you want to change power levels on the fly or can you stop between settings? TTS, PPE and a few others make good programmers. EDGE, VA and others work well too.

EFI.......umm, that's a whole other arena.

I got to get a cat delete. I dont know if that will help alot. I've heard about efi live.. im not doing that haha
I want something i can shift on the fly cuz i pull trailers every once in a while and people try and challenge me every otherday....
If i get an edge chip i need to get elec lift pumps?
Around how much does building up the trans cost?
Soo much stuff to know.. soo little time

2 main questions ......A. Is money a problem? (4 to 15K) B. How much power do you want? (extra 40 to 800 RWHP)

well if no EFI live do a PPE HOT +2 i have heard they run really strong, but get a good built tranny before you do anything. Get the latest Diesel power. On page 146 there is a 650Hp duramax buildup. That will give you some good tips too.

Im not gonna go insane with it, i have 2k right now and could probly get another k but that would be all im going 2 spen on speed

:thankyou2: for tha help

louisianarebel said:
I got to get a cat delete. I dont know if that will help alot. I've heard about efi live.. im not doing that haha
I want something i can shift on the fly cuz i pull trailers every once in a while and people try and challenge me every otherday....
If i get an edge chip i need to get elec lift pumps?
Around how much does building up the trans cost?
Soo much stuff to know.. soo little time

Whats a matter with EFI live? If you don't want to tune it yourself talk to somebody that makes tunes like http://www.ridgerunnerdieselperformance.com/

:bang :bang
louisianarebel said:
I figured that.. i meant like what exactly to do to it...
Im just starting out and dont want to get screwed by getting something i dont need or somthing that will screw it up...

edit.. took too long haha thanks
You have been SCREWED. Supersh*t! spend some more money and get you a Tony Wildman! :bang

First off to have piece of mind get the tranny, then a decent programmer/EFI live, gauges, and a lift pump of some sort. Then you will need to strengthen the front end with Tie rod sleeves and either braces or a solid center link.

We have several vendors here that will steer you in the proper direction, just give them a call.

Efi u purchase efi live and get the dsp5 switch its on the fly. U can have 5 differnt tunes for example. Dsp5 number 1 can be tow tune, 2 Economy, 3 Smoke, 4 extreme, 5 extremer or like this. 1 extreme, 2 better then 1, 3 better then 2, 4 better then 3, 5 better then 4. Thats the tune i like

duramaxin14 said:
Efi u purchase efi live and get the dsp5 switch its on the fly. U can have 5 differnt tunes for example. Dsp5 number 1 can be tow tune, 2 Economy, 3 Smoke, 4 extreme, 5 extremer or like this. 1 extreme, 2 better then 1, 3 better then 2, 4 better then 3, 5 better then 4. Thats the tune i like

No switchable tunes for LBZ's yet for EFILive.

As far as I'm aware the hottest programs are PPE or EFILive.

Both with fry a stock trans.

Wow... i think i might just stick with beatin ricers.. is there a cheaper way to go a little faster without having to fix up or blow up the trans?
Thanks for all yalls help n time BTW

You dont have to go nutzo on the tranny at first, but at minimum you need a converter and a shift kit.

Back